Kontakt libraries for doing video game music?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by peshti, May 11, 2018.

1. peshti

peshti Member

Hey guys! So I just need to ask you guys what libraries are good for doing modern video game music?

Right now I have native instruments komplete 11 ultimate and Albion one.

Is this enough?

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I have already Googled this without result except well chiptune but that's now what I am looking for.

Thanks

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

modern video game music covers many genres so any kontakt lib(s) will do. You have more than enough. It\'s not about what you have, it's about what you do with it. Get composing.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. peshti

peshti Member

Thanks i will get composing :). I am just waiting for my computer to get built. Really that is all that is left.

5. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

Hello @peshti :bow:
    As an alternative also have a look at Spectrasonics :wink:
    Stylus rmx,(atmosphere)Omnisphere &(trilogy)Trillian are used very very often in video game music & tv series & yes film:bow:
    if you're looking specifically for the "chip tune" sound start with some sample libraries as an easy & quick way to do things(be creative & use your inspiration to edit them & make them your own )

Have fun ! it is video game time :winker::bow:

6. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Check out Christian Henson's YouTube, he has a good video on what he/they think are the best software/hardware to buy.

Save you time, most picked Albion One

7. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Some would say that there's no such a thing like 'too many' but in your case, the NI + Albion combo is already a killer one that should keep you (very) busy for a long time.

Of course, you could add to that some Orchestral Tools, Spitfire and whatsnot but the libraries (and synths) you already have (more than 600 GB?) should allow to score something great.

Ultimately, it's up to you to make it sound great, you already have more than enough for a (good) start.

9. miguel88

miguel88 Member

for strings, I recommend you Cinematic studio Strings due is top quality and the price is resonable but i always wait to black friday sales to get most libraries, and for the hybrid synth for cinematic the best is omnisphere and if you are not much experience with creating your sounds check The Unfinished presets