Kontakt - legit and nonlegit libraries on same computer?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by grammaraudio, Aug 15, 2012.

1. grammaraudio

grammaraudio Newbie

I have a legit copy Komplete 8 with Kontakt 5 and a couple of legit libraries.

I have a couple of not so legit libraries I'd like to use also. I imagine they won't work together due to registrations etc.

What are my options?

Can I have two versions of Kontakt 5? one for each?

3. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

Hi bro !

You know what, I'm exactly in the same case ! lol

And I didn't find better solution than using cracked Kontakt...

Or if your cracked libraries can be run with Kontakt 4 (New libraries can only be run with K5), you can you use Kontakt 4 cracked with cracked libraries and your legit Kontakt 5 with legit libraries...

At first I thought it would be possible to use two Kontakt 5 at the same time, one legit Kontakt 5.0.3 and one cracked 5.0.2 or 5.0.1... But it's not possible, you have to choose one only for your DAW (Or switch the two AU/RTAS/VST, cracked and legit one, then restart your DAW but it's very boring) , BUT in stand alone you can use both... (Just take care to move the first app, standalone and plugin before to install the second one)

BUUUUT (lol) on my computer I have some troubles with cracked Kontakt 5.0.2, it's ok with cracked libraries, but my legit ones appear to be in demo mode ! (It works fine for some people so hope you'll be one of them, it this case you "only" have to use cracked Kontakt 5.0.2 and everything's fine)

That sucks to buy such things and have to crack them, but, there's no other solution I know...

Good luck :mates:

Btw, I think warez must be discussed in the "Lounge" section of the forum, we'll see if any moderator comes.

4. drx321d

drx321d Newbie

I have a similar situation. I just started buying some legit libraries after using a plethora of cracked ones, only to find that a recent $600 purchase requires Kontakt 5.0.3. I've been using the cracked version of Kontakt 5.0.2, so I guess my only option is to wait until Kontakt 5.0.3 get's cracked for Mac. Really annoying not to be able to use such a large purchase right away!

Does anyone know if cracked 5.0.3 for Mac OS is coming anytime soon? I'm pretty desperate!