Kontakt keeps forgetting kontakt library position in Studio One

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by mrfloyd, May 26, 2015.

1. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

It used to work like this in some old 2.x version of S1 and some version of Kontakt 5.x:
    you could for example open one of the Kontakt libraries (library tab) and browse numerous instruments or multis, then you could go to S1 another track and load completely different VSTi and then when you returned to Kontakt you'd see library instruments browser opened exactly where you left it.
    Then after an update and I don't know if it was S1 or Kontakt; whenever I switch focus back to the Kontakt, the library tab is refreshed. So if you (like me) have so many libraries you'd have to loose time scrolling and searching for the library that you were browsing and open instrument presets browser and continue.

Now with Kontakt 5.5 and S1v3 the problem is still here so I wonder if there is a setting in Kontakt that would prevent it from forgetting where the library browser was left.

We could always browse through file tab in Kontakt and it wouldn't go away with shift of focus but this is not the same as having library tab behaving properly.

This is all on Win7 and everything 64bit and as I said in S1v3 and Kontakt 5.5 but the problem was present in many earlier updates as well.

Did you encounter this problem and if so is there a solution or a better workaround?

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

here s1v3 and Kontakt 5.4.1 everything works fine like in V2. Maybe it's kontakt update fault. btw i've stored my patch and libraries thru as presets and folders, maybe this can help you.

4. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

I am not sure if I was clear so can you double check:
    1. Create an instrument track with Kontakt and open "libraries" tab in Kontakt (of course Browse icon the first one on Kontakt header, has to be selected to see browser on the left side of the loaded instruments), In a browser second tab is Libraries.
    2. browse to one of the banners at the bottom of your list and chose one that has several presets when you click on instrument. (for example Berlin Concert Grand will have 6 patches visible)
    3. Load one of the presets into the Kontakt
    Do not load presets through "Files" tab or any other way such as through your OS explorer/finder
    4. Create a new instrument track in Studio One with any VSTi except Kontakt, for example Sylenth or Omnisphere and
    5. load a preset
    6. Now go back to Kontakt and check what is visible. Is it:
    a) a Library tab on the left with the banner of the instrument library that is loaded with preset lists visible or
    b) you see your library banners that lie on top of your Library tab list and you have to scroll down within Libraries tab to find instrument library banner that you loaded in step 1.

7. Let me know what you see
    If it is a), everything is fine in your system.
    If it is b) then at least I am not the only one with this issue and we can join forces in finding the solution ;-)

5. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

I've had this problem for a while, too. It happened I updated Kontakt a while ago. I eventually just decided to ignore and not let it stop me. It's not anything more than a slight annoyance. Still, if I can somehow fix it, I'm willing to.

@Jing it's b) for me.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i just get b)

So i tried with V2 and it's just the same

Kontakt 5.4.1 here

7. Lao

Lao Newbie

would be nice if someone has a solution for this problem. Im using S1 V3 with K5.5

8. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Does the same problem exists with Kontakt in other DAWs?

9. Digidra

Digidra Newbie

Yes, I got the same problem in FL Studio 12. It suddenly appeared some months ago. Maybe there are too many libraries. I got a similar behaviour with GuitarRig

10. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

it's probably just a Kontakt normal behaviour...

11. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Except that it worked (remembered last position in browser) before.

12. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

This is somewhat comforting. The fact that it isn't only with S1.
    And you might be right, the other thing that changed in my setup besides software upgrades is ever increasing number of Kontakt libraries.
    I would like to think that at some number of them Kontakt gives up and says I am not able to remember.
    However on my previous laptop where I had just a few libraries Kontakt was also forgetting where the Libraries browser was left. And on the same laptop but with some earlier version of S1-2 and Kontakt 5 the problem was not there.
    Strange.

13. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Today I checked Kontakt 5.5 in FL Studio 12 and Reaper (all 64 bit) and the Kontakt keeps forgetting Libraries tab position same as in S1. I do not use those DAWs so I have no idea if some previous Kontakt version worked better in them as it did in S1.

I cannot find discussions about this online and since it seams a Kontakt problem I am moving this question to Kontak section of this forum:
    http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/19159-kontakt-keeps-forgetting-kontakt-libraries-position/