Kontakt - Is there a way to change the name of a Kontakt library?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by DINOSAURAUR, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DINOSAURAUR

DINOSAURAUR Newbie

I have a few libraries that just show up in my Kontakt list as the name of the instrument. Is there a way to change all of those so that they show up in the format "Company Name - Instrument Name".

Can I edit the nicnt file somehow to do this? '

I'm interested in doing it for official Native Instrument Kontakt libraries as well as libraries by other makers.

Example of what I'm thinking:

Native Instruments - Alicia's Keys
    Wavesfactory - Freelodica

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

In theory it may work. Changing the name is less important than changing the SNPID. I've done it myself with self-made nicnt. Not with commercial ones though.
    Give it a try, backup first the original nicnt file just in case.

4. DINOSAURAUR

DINOSAURAUR Newbie

Thanks! How do I change the SNPID? Is there a specific application you recommend to use for this? I am fairly new to Kontakt.

5. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Notepad++. But you need to change both the nicnt file and the ini file in Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center.

Why do you want to change the name? It can be done with NicntGenerator, but you have to delete the original nicnt and it doesn't work with NI libraries, so I wouldn't recommend it. NicntGenerator is useful only where there is no nicnt file already. Of course, you can rename and resave the individual patches any time you want.

6. DINOSAURAUR

DINOSAURAUR Newbie

I'm just interested in doing it with most of the third party libraries for organizational reasons. I thought I would do it with the Native Instrument libraries also, if possible.

7. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

OK. But keep in mind that this is not a simple renaming process. It involves changes in the nicnt file, the ini file and the registry entries.

8. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Better use Quick-load feature in Kontakt. That's the best way to organize libraries, instrument patches in a folder-like structure, there you can name does folders as you like.

9. DINOSAURAUR

DINOSAURAUR Newbie

Thanks! I didn't realize it was that complicated. It sounds like something I could do if there were instructions to follow. Not something I want to figure out on my own though.