Kontakt instruments not loading in projects after switching hard drives

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Nick Bellagio, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

Hey guys just switched all my kontakt libraries over from an external drive to a new internal drive and all my libraries are loaded and work fine but when I try to load an old project all the instances of kontakt are whited out and have no sound. It says assumed at :F/:G which are no longer there and when I hit resove manually - browse for folder and click the new folder with all the instruments it just sits there and loads for hours until i close it - Anybody know what's going on here? KONTAKT PIC.JPG

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  3. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

tried to batch resave all libraries some loaded but most libraries still did not load

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  4. RachProko

RachProko Producer

Not clear what version of Kontakt you are loading and what library this comes from? But it looks you are missing the 'pictures' for this library?
    For Kontakt 7 they should be in in c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\pictures\
    If they exist in directories of older versions you can just copy them to Kontakt 7 or whatever version you are using.

5. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

its kontakt 6.7.1 portable and its not just that theres no graphics theres no sound at at all/ i have over a hundred libraries theyre all loading like this except for a few - like i said all libraries work fine its just when i load an old project it cant find them because the path was to my old external drives - when i hit browse manually and click on the folder where they are located now (on my internal hard drive) it just says searching for hours and does nothing