Kontakt help desperately needed (Installing libraries)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Kefak, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Kefak

Kefak Newbie

Hello everyone,

I have recently tried to install kontakt with cracked libraries, but after stumbling on this forum and several hours of research and installations, i have not yet been able to make libraries work...

What i have done :
    • Installed Kontakt 6.1.1
    • Installed Kontakt 5 (portable version) for installing libraries
    • Installed KLC to modify the nicnt file of a Kontakt 6 library
    • Downloaded a cracked library (The Orchestra Complete from Best Service)
    My issues :
    • Under Kontakt 6 : "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed" error
    • I can't seem to find the way to make libraries in kontakt 5 open in kontakt 6 too, as mentioned in several threads
    If someone has any download links, tutorials or is willing to help me install it (i can start over fresh too), it would be very gladly appreciated !

Sincerely,
    Kefak

3. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

@Kefak hi, and hello,

Although relying on a Kontakt 5.exe appears to be a fruitful method for adding (older) libraries, in this case you might try running the appropriate "AddLibrary.exe", a Kontakt 6 utility, contained in the Native Access folder:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Access\AddLibrary.exe

Of course assuming Windows. If applicable, before attempting remove corresponding registry keys and .xml file, they would be located:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\The Orchestra Complete

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\The Orchestra Complete

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\The Orchestra Complete.xml

Last edited: May 19, 2020