Kontakt GUI takes about a minute to open, libraries load normal

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by maximoman, Mar 12, 2019.

1. maximoman

maximoman Noisemaker

Hi people,

The Kontakt GUI suddenly takes forever to open - this has happened before but the problem just went away for some reason, but now it's back and here to stay it seems.

I've googled like crazy and the only fix/theory seems to be related to the file browser, minimizing all the folders in file view seems to fix it for some. But not for me.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mus...kontakt-gui-but-fast-loading-instruments.html

Any theories?

Kontakt 5.4.1, Mac os 10.9.5, Logic 10.2.2
    Yes, my studio Mac setup is kind of outdated (Actually in the process of updating MacOs and Kontakt and Logic as I write this), but things run surprisingly smoothly anyway which is why I haven't cared/dared to update...

Thanks

3. maximoman

maximoman Noisemaker

Ok, I seem to have solved it! - at least for now. Definitely file browser related; I realized I had accidentally mounted an older backup drive I knew was faulty (it's busted beyond Disk utility repair, takes about 15 min for it to display any contents at all), Kontakt's file browser was probably somehow trying to index the contents of this disk as it shows up in the file tree. Unmouted the disk and things went back to normal.

Hope this helps if someone falls into the same hole!

Cheers