Kontakt Factory Library 2 uninstalling without issue.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Wolfang, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I usually delete the installers as it eats lots of rooms of my hard drive. Especially, the file size of Kontakt Factory Library is really big.
    The thing is that I need to uninstall some apps to organize my system occasionally. Other Kontakt libraries are fine even though I uninstall it after install the library in the library folder. However, this library is different. I uninstalled it for the test and the library cannot be launched.
    Is there a way to solve this issue? Or should I keep the installer?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you have something else going on. An "installer" application should always be able to be deleted, without the actual application trying to reference the original installer files. The installer should create a Local (or user selected location) copy of any files the application needs to use normally. They will commonly leave an uninstaller present, but that isn't your scenario.

Im not upgrading to 7, so I cannot help. But I would not accept this as your final outcome, leaving extra files on your hd for nothing. Kontakt is a "industry standard" with many sophisticated and paying customers. There is no way they would not complain endlessly about this. You of course rebooted at correct points for your testing....

Did you try moving it elsewhere, and establishing a symlink?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  4. RachProko

RachProko Producer

I'm not sure I completely understand your question? Anyway, basically what the installer does is extract all the files into the folder you choose during the installation. If the uninstaller doesn't work for you but you still want to uninstall the Kontakt Library 2 you can just delete the folder it was installed in. And to get rid of the entry in Apps & features delete the following key:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Native Instruments Kontakt Factory Library 2
    That is if you're on Windows?

5. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the wrong nicnt effect...

6. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I haven't tried it, but it was in my mind. Probably, I'm gonna try it sooner or later.

7. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Well, what I want is to keep the library, but not the installer. The installer is huge and I don't wanna keep it. However, if I should uninstall or something happen to my system, I'd need the installer again. All other Kontakt library are fine. For instance, I downloaded Scarbee Rickerbeck Bass and it also provided the installer, but not just a folder unlike other libraries. Once I installed it, I moved the library folder temporarily and uninstalled it. After that I rolled the folders back. And the library worked fine.

However, only this library doesn't work that way. Once you uninstall it, Kontakt can't scan it. That's why I was looking for a way.
    Hope it helps this time.