Kontakt encoutered a major problem...

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by LV-LEO, Dec 21, 2020.

1. LV-LEO

LV-LEO Newbie

Hi, Anyone please could help me? Im trying to open kontakt and I get the error I attach.
    Thanks in advance!

upload_2020-12-20_21-59-22.png

3. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

6.4.2 only works for the legit version, so I suggest you uninstall 6.4.2 & instead try 6.3.2 portable.

4. LV-LEO

LV-LEO Newbie

thank you!
    Actually I installed the 6.4.2 version because the version 6.2.2 show me this error. I thought that installing a newer version should solve it.
    Can it be that some windows 10 update broke the version 6.2.2 that I had???

5. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

Things have gotten a bit murky with the most recent versions. In March I found the site Pianobook (lots of free Kontakt libraries) & realized I needed to upgrade Kontakt to use most of the new stuff.

The method as of July was, install Kontakt 6.1.0 and upgrade with Kontakt portable 6.2.2, and (most recently) Kontakt portable 6.3.2 if needed. Avoid 6.4.2 unless you have a legit copy (I have one computer with legit Kontakt & one without, mainly for testing).
    I believe that's what I did as I currently have 6.3.2 on mine working well (works with everything except the most recent kontakt libraries). I think I started with 6.1.0, upgraded to 6.2.2, then installed portable 6.3.2.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with their experience as I have lots scattered bits of info from different threads on the subject.

edit: so to recap, completely uninstall every version of Kontakt 6 you currently have, and start with 6.1.0. If that works, then move on to 6.2.2. And unless you have libraries that don't work with that one, stick with that one. If not, then try portable 6.3.2. Sorry to say, but if you are trying a kontakt instrument that recently came out & gives the "too old" error on 6.3.2, you may be stuck waiting for now if you don't have legit 6.4.2. Hope this helps

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. LV-LEO

LV-LEO Newbie

Thanks you for your answers kintozero

7. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

I have my Kontakt 6.4.2 working flawlessly (Windows 7 x64) I think your problem could be with your Microsoft Visual C++ version. Kontakt.jpg

8. Andrew Wickett

Andrew Wickett Newbie

Which version do we need?