Kontakt crashes in Ve Pro, still works but can't touch/load samples. ASAP

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Valorouswon, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

So kontakt crashed one day, and now it's stuck in vienna ensemble pro 5 (legit). There is still sound coming from it, but you can't see the volume knobs moving, can't load instruemtns, add libraries, etc, it's literally just existing there. Luckily the submix it's used for is complete so I can still render it.

I tried updating to 5.6.8, and then back to 5.6.6, and 5.6.5. Also updated vienna ensemble, nothing working.

I'm scared this will linger into my next sessions which can be a huge problem. It all happened when I tried to load a sample library while in PLAY, it paused, then crashed.

Should I fresh install kontakt 5 and vienna? Not sure I have the balls to do so in the middle of a project.

Thanks!!

3. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Update:

The initial kontakt i was talking about is now working, and another kontakt within vepro randomly glitched out, so it doesn't seem to be library specific. I attached a crash image

Attached Files:

4. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Cleaned up files here

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Native
    Instruments\Kontakt 5