Kontakt Cracked Vs Legitmate Explanation

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Talula

Talula Rock Star

first you need to add path to vst folder with cracked kontakt plugin (where you installed it on another drive) in studio one settings dialog and restart restart studio one. it may working only if you you installed cracked kontakt to another drive properly.

if not... use portable kontakt for non-legit libraries if you also need legit kontakt.

2. Niels

Niels Member

I tried that by adding the corresponding drive, but no luck!
    Trying the portable one right now. It's not being detected as well. I found this in the readme:

If your DAW can't see portable VST plugin at the same time as the installed one, modify PluginID in the corresponding section of VST plug-ins settings file

I don't understand where to find PluginID. I tried searching thru different topic, but no solution unfortunately.
    Can you direct me to this?

Thanks!

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

this is only for cubase/nuendo users.

any details about installation? where did you installed kontakt portable (path with main folder name)?

4. Niels

Niels Member

I created a folder: kontakt portable in my main drive right now (C:\Program Files\Kontakt Portable). i added the vst folder in there to the plugins folder inside S1.

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

why you didn't read instruction for innstallation? :facepalm:

ok.... kontakt portable comes as 1 file with "exe" extension.
    create new folder for kontakt portable wherre you want
    run installer and extract (install) kontakt portable to that empty folder (browse => extract)

run studio one, open settings dialog and add new path for vst pplugins folder:

YOUR PREVIOUS CREATED FOLDER NAME\Kontakt\x64\VST\
    ***(or YOUR PREVIOUS CREATED FOLDER NAME\Kontakt\x86\VST\ for 32-bit version of studio one)

restart studio one, that's all.

6. Niels

Niels Member

but I did read 'em :/.
    Anyway, thanks for the help!
    I now see why I didn't see kontakt portable show up: it's getting blocklisted.
    I remove the plugin from the blocklist>rescan>but it keeps getting added to the blocklist without notification.

Any solution to that?
    Thank you! :bow:

7. Talula

Talula Rock Star

can you make some screenshots? with kontakt portable folder with explorer address bar and with studio one vst folder settings window.

P.S.
    this is problem (first at least):
    all subfolders in "program files" have special permissions for writing.
    create folder for kontakt portable on other drive ("D:\" or what you have) and check permissions for writing.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  8. Niels

Niels Member

Of course!

Attached Files:

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

10. Niels

Niels Member

Oof! That woroked for me (sorry, didn't see the edit in time)

Thank you, senpai! :thanks:

11. Niels

Niels Member

Hey!
    I'm getting back to this issue.
    If I uninstall legit kontakt: S1 is showing Kontakt Portable (named as "Kontakt Portable")
    If I install legit kontakt (with portable still installed): S1 is only showing legit Kontakt (named as "Kontakt")

It seems like S1 recognizes the "same" kontakt plugin and doesn't split it up into the legit and portable version.
    Any ideas on this matter? :unsure:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  12. Talula

Talula Rock Star

try reset blacklist and rescan plugins

13. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

delete the old related Kontakt entries in this file PluginPresentation.settings
    located here
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5

run Kontakt Player installer first, open Studio One to make the scan with kontakt player.
    check if it is loading, normally yes.
    close studio one, patch Kontakt (or replace dll and VST3)
    open Studio One and load Kontakt patched.

it will take the patched VST3 with the right path. the bug is comming from old conflictual entries in PluginPresentation.settings.
    presonus is a bit shitty with that file not changed after a pluging data reset.

[​IMG]

the file change after a plugin scan successfull:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Settings xmlns:x="http://www.presonussoftware.com/xml/ccl" name="PluginPresentation" version="1">
    <Section path="folders">
    <Attributes>
    </Attributes>
    </Section>
    <Section path="format">
    <Attributes version="3"/>
    </Section>
    <Section path="plugins">
    <Attributes>
    <PlugInInfo classID="{64C0D0A1-F21A-42AF-8E30-40FF97591363}" sortPath="" lastUsage="1616102142" flags="0"/>
    <PlugInInfo classID="{5653544E-6924-446B-6F6E-74616B740000}" sortPath="" lastUsage="1629017881" flags="0"/>

</Attributes>
    </Section>
    </Settings>

5653544E is the portable
    64C0D0A1 is the setup version

but only one instance will be loaded in studio one. it need to delete the Kontakt Portable shortcut in the VST3 folder to show the setup version.

this daw is a bit anoying with plugin instances priority. you can't use both directlly.
    delete VST3 will enable VST2
    delete portable shortcuts will enable the setup version.

the only way to play both is to use Komplete Kontrol launching Kontakt setup.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  14. easyrider

easyrider Newbie

Does anyone have a link to the very latest Portable Kontakt please?

Asking for a friend.

He currently running 6.5.3 Portable but needs to open a 6.6+ library.

thanks

15. thanatosone

thanatosone Newbie

If I install a cracked Kontakt 5.6 and add a couple of NKS compatible libraries will they show up in my legitimate Maschine?

16. rhoulian

rhoulian Newbie

Well, despite I followed the procedure, it seems this is no more possible with kontakt 6, or maybe I missed something.

- Both kontakt 6 apps work in standalone : the k'd, named "kontakt-k", and the legit one, named "kontakt"
    - I also kept a k'd kontakt 5, which is perfectly working in logic X

The only step I'm not sure of is "Delete the com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.plist", as this is not the same filename since kontakt 6. I assume it's the file located in "user/library/preferences/com.native-instruments.Kontakt Application.plist". Anyway this is the pref file I deleted...

Logic X is just showing 2 AU plugins instead of 3 : the k'd "kontakt-k" is missing, despite it's in the plugin folder as a component. Legit kontakt and k'd kontakt 5 are working well though.... scanning again any AU plugin within logic does not help.

I tried with 2 different versions of R2R (6.2 & 6.4)

Strangely, in the logic AU plugin manager, I can see which plugins are validated, and what is their version. It seem that the listed version is the one from the k'd plugin (6.2 or 6.4) instead of the legit one (6.7). When I load the plugin in a track, that's the legit version which is opening, all libs in demo mode...

Any idea ?

17. Talula

Talula Rock Star

just install latest v6.7.1 for mac and don't f... other users brain.

18. rhoulian

rhoulian Newbie

Well, thanks for your reply even if I find it a bit aggressive.
    So you mean both k’d and legit versions need to be 6.7.1 ?

If the answer is yes, getting 2 kontakt in the same DAW is not so interesting... I would have to keep both in their latest identical versions, that means updating them quite often...taking care of not messing up the whole install each time I do it, and not beeing sure that the new k'd version is stable enough.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  19. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

sorry if this has been coverd but my question. if buying a library from company which has one of the newer iso installers which include nicnt and wallpaper already, it still should be possible to install on unlocked Kontakt by bobdule rite? in other words:
    if I previously installed one of those libraries from same company without problem but they were shared on sister site, I can assume that the one purchased will install and work aswell. cause in the end there is no cracked library yes?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  20. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

For Kontakt 7 there are too diffrent Types one which does it the Oldway like mentioned in the Starting Thread and the R2R which runs like Orginal. To answer your Question if you purchase a Lib regular after Trying you can always run it in bobdules Version as long as it is not been created with an newer Kontakt Version that you use. Only if you use Legit Kontakt you need to activate the Libary.