Kontakt causing macOS user account to lose prefs

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by b.doyle, May 21, 2023.

1. b.doyle

b.doyle Newbie

Hello. iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS Big Sur

I have an unusual issue that I'd love to find a solution for, or at least to delete the necessary kontakt prefs or similar. I'm wondering if anyone has seen the following behavior and knows what's going on or has some advice to try to stop it:

About 80% of the time now when I start up Kontakt in standalone, when it finishes loading, my OS user account (Admin) immediately reverts to an initialized state (I'm not sure what terminology to use). The way I know it's happened is that, strangely, as Kontakt appears the transparency of my menu bar changes immediately (which is a setting in the Accessibility > Display system settings), and I've become familiar with when I see that happen that I know my account has been 'changed'. At that point any apple apps I open are 'initialized' - showing the initial Welcome screen and none of my personal content being available (in Notes for example). All like it's a 'new' unused user account. And any setting changes aren't saved any longer. It's only a restart that returns the account again.

It's annoying as hell and renders Kontakt standalone at this point unusable essentially.

Any idea what would cause this to be happening? Thoughts on possible solutions would be much appreciated!

Last edited: May 21, 2023