[Kontakt] Can I create a Library with an image?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by bseos, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Mikkius

Mikkius Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion SerendiPetey, but the problem with the pocketBlakus library I made, is that I don't have a .nicnt file, although it's seen as Library by Kontakt now, and everything works fine. The thing I can't understand is that, even if I uninstall/delete Retro Machine MK2, when I launch Kontakt, it always gives me a blank window on the left asking for the pocketBlakus nicnt file, although that library is already loaded. And when I try to load Retro Machine into Kontakt, it gives me the same error! Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 10.41.09 PM.png
    So, I guess there must be some other file around telling Kontakt something...but I can't figure out what and where. I've already tried to delete the "com.native-instruments.pocketBlakus.plist", "com.native-instruments.Retro Machines Mk2.plist" and "com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.plist" files in Macintosh HD - Library - Preferences, but nothing has changed. Do you have any idea of where to check or what else to do?
    Thank you again!

2. Mikkius

Mikkius Newbie

Forget about it, I finally fixed it! I deleted once again those .plist files, deleted all the stuff after </ProductHints> in the duplicated .nicnt file I used for pocketBlakus and now everything works fine, loaded correctly!
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion! :wink:

3. Mikkius

Mikkius Newbie

Nope, I claimed victory too soon! :sad: So, it was all good. Then I closed Kontakt, re opened it and I found again double pocketBlakus library loaded! So I closed Kontakt, deleted Retro Machine and pockeBlakus .plist files again, opened Kontakt again, loaded the 2 libraries (Retro Machine first, pocketBlakus second) and everything worked fine again. Then, I tried to close and re open to see if everything was still fine, but no....back to square one! :dunno:
    Opened to suggestions again! :unsure:

4. SerendiPetey

SerendiPetey Newbie

First, open the com.native-instruments.Content.plist file and see if they are listed in there twice.
    If not, check and trash your .xml files for those libraries in the Service Center folder for NI, but don't empty the trash. See if they get recreated upon next Kontakt load. I feel they may be the culprits.

5. Mikkius

Mikkius Newbie

YES, you are a genius!!! It worked!!! Deleting the .xml files fixed everything!!! :wink:
    Thank you so much for your precious help, really appreciated!

6. SerendiPetey

SerendiPetey Newbie

Nice!! You're welcome!! Glad to have helped.
    Good thing you joined the site :bow:

7. jobromedia

jobromedia Newbie

Well people. Time to bring this back to life eh? I've followed every instruction regarding Windows 7 usage. The library appears and demands activation. Any ideas how to proceed? How long time does the demo allocate if any?

8. happyforever_1995

happyforever_1995 Newbie

9. Romi

Romi Newbie

I don't know what technique you used, but i've created mine on Mac without any problem. There are plently of youtube videos that explain the easy process to create a library picture and integrate it in Kontakt.

10. wonder

wonder Newbie

I'm having trouble adding Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand on my Macbook.

Its working and loaded fine on my Desktop Mac and everything is pretty much the same except WHERE the library is stored (on a usb drive).

When i click ADD LIBRARY and navigate to where the Ebony Grand is and click OPEN, nothing happens. Kontakt won't add the library, no matter what I try.

I've triple checked every step i made in building library .nkx and .nkc files and plist files.

Any suggestions?

11. wonder

wonder Newbie

PS, I'm on Kontakt 5.4.2 on my MacBook Pro