[Kontakt] Can I create a Library with an image?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by bseos, Jun 27, 2011.

1. bseos

bseos Newbie

Hi folks,
    I have been playing around a bit and downloaded some of the free patches out there. I created a group that contained all the free patches and made it monolith. Is there a way I can add an image and then load up this collection underneath the main Kontakt 4 library in the library window. Or is this only for commercial libraries. It looks like the main Kontakt library has an .nkx file in the root directory (about 300kb in size). I assume this is the magic file that has the Kontakt jpeg and info on the instruments.

Its messy having some sample libraries appear in the library's tab and others you have to search for in the database search. Different guis and different search methods do not make for a positive work flow.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

good question... i used to wonder too.

4. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

yes you can I came across some instructions for this and my Kontakt library has over 70 libraries and about half of them are home made. it only works on pc though wallpaper.png

5. bseos

bseos Newbie

well would you care to explain as to how then good sir?

6. daniel

daniel Newbie

Yes please explain or point us to relevent info, I've googled but can't find straight forward instructions, and obviously native instruments have no instructions as, technically, it's not aloud.

Thanks

7. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

ok so I will upload the instruction and relevant files

8. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

here you go http://www.fileserve.com/file/9HqEPVn

9. bseos

bseos Newbie

Oh wow that really is something. Thank you so much mate!! :mates:

edit: i hope you don't mind but I have uploaded it to several other mirrors just in case it gets pulled down

http://mir.cr/1JGZYHHF

10. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

Well I just was sharing with you all. Did not really intend for it to be shared globally since I did not write the tutorial but once it can help it's cool

11. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

So has everyone been getting through with the Kontakt libraries? I hope so. If you have not been designing your own wallpapers or can't I think I'll upload some of mine

12. bseos

bseos Newbie

Yes please, that would be very kind of you!
    The process is a bit tedious and i havnt got alot of time on my hands at the moment so that would be much appreciated if you could.

13. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

I've been quite busy and I realize that I'll need to edit all the wallpaper names and that would take some time too

14. tek909

tek909 Member

Sweet, Thank you so much.
    I have been searching all over for this for some time now.
    :wink:

15. nzmS

nzmS Newbie

thanx from me too, been searching a day

16. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Ive always wanted to do this myself, get all the libraries together in one place, cheers guys :wink:

17. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

This is awsome !!!! I was looking for this since long time.

NOTE: the first fileserve was corrupted but the rapidshare one works perfectly.

:wink:

18. clubnavee

clubnavee Newbie

@bseos I totally agree with the messy issue of samples everywhere and having them in the so-called "Commercial Library" lane would be awesome! Well thanks to this Tutorial it is awesome!!!

@mrmusic this tutorial is rather easy and straightforward to those of us who are at least programmers. I am not going to discuss/exploit the full process but for those who wish to make their workflow seem less tedious while creating custom libraries:

1. CREATE folder called [Template]
    2. In the [Template] folder CREATE the following folders: [Instruments] [Multis] [Samples]
    3. Add the main 3 files YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED included in the downloaded tutorial to the [Template] folder: Instrument_info.nkc, Instrument_info.nkx, Wall-Registry-template.reg
    4. Rename them to Template_info.nkc, Template_info.nkx, Template_info.reg << This is just to be consistent with naming convention and seeing the MATRIX in this workflow.
    5. Add the wallpaper.png file used as the background for your library

So you should have a folder labeled [Template] with 3 folders and 4 files << This will be your base start for every new custom library you CREATE.

A. Just COPY the [Template] folder >> Go to where you keep your sample libraries for Kontakt and PASTE
    B. Rename the [Template] folder to the name of your custom library (Recommends COPYING the name CTRL-C/or right-click COPY)
    C. Then paste it over the other labels with the name Template (Basically you are replacing all instances of "Template" with the Custom Library name...I.e Template_info.nkc should be CustomLibrayName_info.nkc...COPYING and PASTING assures you will not mispell the Custom Library and CTRL-V/right-click PASTE is faster anyway)

If you keep this empty starter base TEMPLATE folder off to the side and use it to begin Custom Libraries you will not have to work as hard putting it together and will eventually create a base directory for your library within the Template.reg file once you get the hang of it!

Just follow the instructions in the tutorial FIRST then you will see why I recommend this quick pre-made folder...and whatever you do PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING IN THE REGISTRY OTHER THAN WHAT THE TUTORIAL ASKS. I recommend that you drill to the asked directory and make note of all the unused library numbers and possibly entire ranges of numbers and CLOSE THE REGISTRY because YOU WILL NOT NEED TO GO THERE AGAIN. Just get the unused numbers and bounce: this assures you WILL NOT GET CURIOUS and KILL THE CAT that is your KONTAKT and possibly your OS for being a little too nosey in the most dangerous area on your computer!!!

THIS TUTORIAL DOES WORK K4 and K5!!! I AM NOW ENJOYING THE BENEFITS THAT @bseos has been speaking about concerning samples/libraries/patches everywhere rather one place...and my custom images are cool to (since I am a music producer/programmer/graphic designer this is a dream!) Thanks sooooooo much for this I SEE THE MATRIX in this completely :)

19. quidane

quidane Newbie

Hi Guys,

All the links are dead, could anyone have the files?

Thanks

20. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Hello Guys,

This is more than just an aesthetic thing, thanks to mrmusic now I can see all my kontakt sounds, well organized in libraries and when i am composing, I don't want to browse over thousands of unorganized sounds. This really help to get a fluid workflow.

Only 2 details I discovered doing this:

1. You don't need to put a multi folder if there is no multi, then, once in kontak you will see the grey bar showing only "instruments". You don't even need to create any specific folder, if you don´t the gray bar will show "browse" instead.

2. Imagine that after you have done all the job creating libraries with your sounds and adding then to your win register, you have a problem and need to re-install your system ... :o !!!! well before this happens, just go to the root of your Native/ content in the regedit and save a backup. You will be able to import it the next time you install windows.

Ok let´s go concrete now:

So this a new link for those who haven't got it.

http://ul.to/1rox1b95

This is the original rar file from mrmusic

21. SerendiPetey

SerendiPetey Newbie

I'm not sure if this is a thread referring strictly to Windows, but I have successfully learned how to make my own Libraries in Mac (Intel, Lion). If anyone's curious, PM me.