Kontakt 7 new writing logo

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Vega, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

Dear people,

I have been using Kontakt portable for a while, which I love.

In the latest Kontakt 7.4.0 update I have noticed that the KONTAKT writing on the actual GUI has changed to a new font that NI has adopted with the new graphic logo (Please see attached screenshot).

I would kindly like to ask if someone has any idea where I may be able to find this picture without the background so I can modify it by deleting the 'Portable' part of the writing. I normally do this every time a new version is released so it looks like it is an installed version and not a portable one.

Many thanks in advance for any help...

Attached Files:

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You only need the regular Kontakt v7.4.0 picture?

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

Sth like that?

Attached Files:

6. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

Yes but the image you attached is a bit too small. It also need to have transparent background but I can sort that out.

Thanks anyway!

7. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

Yes, the new Kontakt writing like in my screenshot when I created this thread. Unfortunately in the Portable version there is always the word 'portable' underneath the word Kontakt which I don't like and I have always removed it. I have attached the image I used before the NI font change.

Attached Files:

8. El_Komander

El_Komander Member

I didn't know that you can change the logo image, where is it located inside the laptop?

9. El_Komander

El_Komander Member

I made this one using the new logo from the NI website and the png you provided, so it is the same same. Pls explain how to change the logo in the portable app

Attached Files:

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

With the regular versions you can use the "Resource Hacker" program. Not trivial but not too difficult.

11. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

12. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

Hello El Komander,

First of all thanks a lot for creating and sharing the new written logo, much appreciated!

I did make a video tutorial on how to go about changing the Kontakt written logo but unfortunately, no matter how much I compress the video, I am not allowed to upload it:sad: so let me give you some pointers and a PDF that some kind soul gave me a few years back.

1) When using Kontakt 7 or 6 Portable, in order to be able to change the written logo I have been using a software called Resource Hacker which you can also find in the portable version at this link: https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/resource-hacker-portable

2) Be aware that inside the main Kontakt 7 Portable folder at this path (Kontakt 7.4.0 Portable\Kontakt 7\x64) you need to patch the two files called Kontakt 7.exe and Kontakt 7.vst3plugin.

3) When you open Resource Hacker click File>Open... and navigate to Kontakt 7.4.0 Portable\Kontakt 7\x64 and before selecting anything, on the bottom right-hand corner of the Window explorer's drop down menu choose All files (*.*) then select Kontakt 7.exe from the available file list and click Open.

4) At this point double-click Picture on the left-hand side panel of Resource Hacker and select number 304. Go to the top menu and click Action>Replace Resource...

5) In the Replace a resource... window, click Select File... and navigate to the place on your computer where you have stored the new 'written logo' picture (either JPG or PNG), after you have uploaded the new file, simply click Replace.

6) To make the change permanent, go to the top menu and click File>Save and close RH.

7) At this point wat this folder path Kontakt 7.4.0 Portable\Kontakt 7\x64 you would notice that there will be two Kontakt 7.exe files, the one called Kontakt 7.exe is the new one you have created with the replaced written logo and the other one called Kontakt 7_original.exe is the original file with the untouched written logo.

8) Repeat the same procedure for the Kontakt 7.vst3plugin file.

9) At the very end, once all the files have been edited, I normally delete all the files with the _original in the name and only keep in the x64 folder the edited ones.

Hope this is of any help, in case of doubts don't hesitate to ask ;-)

Best regards...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023

Attached Files:

14. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

paint.net makes this very easy and doable.....

15. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

The original picture you provided is not hi res, but in anyway I removed the background, don't know if it is useful at all.
    Kontakt 7.4.0 logo.png

16. AlexDMC

AlexDMC Noisemaker

9) At the very end, once all the files have been edited, I normally delete all the files with the _original in the name and only keep in the x64 folder the edited ones.

My dear friends, please skip step 9.

otherwise excellent write up Vega

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I get the op intention. I might even put the Kontakt Player logo for that.
    But if it's for phun... :rofl::
    Xontakt.png

18. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

My screenshot was just for demonstration purpose and to make my point not for creating a transparent background logo, but thanks for your time and contribution!

19. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

Thanks for your kind words... May I ask why would you keep both the edited and the original files in the same x64 folder?

I am just curious... I only mentioned point 9) because it is what I have been doing for a long time and never had any issues. Of course people are certainly free to keep the original files as a backup just in case ;-)

Best regards...

20. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Oh, now I see..;) It happens, sometimes I find my answers when I search something, lol.. Anyway, nice recap :)

While we are at it, does anyone know if changing the logo on K...vst3plugin also reflects on VST(2)? I only 'install' that one.

21. Vega

Vega Noisemaker

You are very welcome ;-)
    I am not 100% sure but I think that once you change the logo on the K...vst3plugin this is also reflected on the VST2 version.
    What I also tend to do in Kontakt Portable is to rename the .dll (VST2) file found under the VST folder like Kontakt 7 instead of Kontakt 7 Portable like it is by default.

Cheers...