KONTAKT 7 (HcISO) Installed Over Legit Kontakt Player (Mac) Problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Upton, May 14, 2024.

1. Upton

Upton Newbie

I just installed Kontakt 7 Mac (HcISO version 7.10.1) over the legit Kontakt 7 player (installed Via Native Access). Problem is, Native Access still sees it as the player version. It won't let me use libraries requiring Kontakt full only. Any ideas? Thanks very much for your help.

iMac M1

Last edited: May 15, 2024
  3. JohnEncore

JohnEncore Kapellmeister

Kontakt 7.10.1 is buggy, you should run 7.10.2 after deinstalling 7.10.1 - and please remember on requests to always mention your os and type of mac ...

Last edited: May 14, 2024
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

OS version and other info is always helpful to get out of the way, but here we likely do not need it.

Why are you installing Kontakt Player at all? I mean, I understand sometimes the "player" version is lighter and so on. R2R made a good point about this with their Falcon release information. But if one was going to cause me any trouble whatsoever with my real Kontakt install, that would be game over. Player version gone.

I think you should get rid of both, install just v7 (whatever build) cleanly, and call it a day. That way your Kontakt install is solid from the ground up. Install KLU v2 and you are done. It is not very hard to resist downloading free libraries if they are going to create nothing but problems.

5. Upton

Upton Newbie

Well, when I got a Maschine, Komplete Standard came with it. I just installed everything without thinking about the future possibilities. I did install the k'd Kontakt over the player version, but I guess the player I initially installed had a serial number attached, so even though the player is gone, Native Access sees the full version as the player still.

So, what should I do? Should I uninstall Native Access and all of the other installed apps? If I do that will I be able to use the legit libraries that came with Komplete Standard?

Thanks very much for the response and advice.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I would get rid of the player version. I am not sure if you installed full Kontakt over your player. I think they are supposed to be able to be on the same machine. But I would get rid of both versions of Kontakt. Go on NI website and get instructions for a full cleanup removal of Kontakt.

You can probably leave your other Komplete plugins, but I would just install cracked versions of those too. You will not be able to use the content for the Kontakt player. You need legit Native Access. Everything else is up to you.

Reinstall Kontakt full cleanly. Download the Factory Library k'd also if you want. For me, I would personally get rid of all the legit stuff completely. Complete cleanup and reinstall like brand new. That stuff that comes with controllers and so on, is "bundled software" lite free versions. I never install any of them except for any required drivers or apps like Native Access. If I do not need them, I do not install them.