Kontakt 7 crashes Cubase 12

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Xenon

Xenon Producer

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was running everything as admin.installation of Kontakt and running cubase.

2. Longman

Longman Member

Sorry I may have misled you. Bob Dule is right of course.
    Clearing the registry is only on possible solution. Bob is talking about clearing database leftovers and caches that NI creates.
    Bob has such innovative solutions I am recommending him for leader of both France and Britain. Oh and Russia too,,, and most of North and South America.

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

My problems went away by creating service center folder in common files and copying the R2R NativeAccess.xml in it. For some reason I didn´t even have such folder there, even though I have guitar rig 6 installed.

4. Reddish

Reddish Newbie

I have the same fucking problem here with studio one 5, Ableton and FL Studio, I’m going crazy
    I’d the same problem with Kontakt 6.7.1.
    Basically I can’t use all new library that required 6.7 and its so frustrating.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Well around end of August K7 was still in alpha status!!! (with major bugs, visual bugs and other more serious bugs), so they pushed this out like nothing to make it into komplete this october.

Beta status was even shorter.

Hopefully NI can fix it in the next revisions.

6. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

I just had a very similar problem testing the R2R 7.1.5. and a "debrider ". Strangely the standalone was working . But VST3 crashed all hosts. In cubase it was blacklisted and crashed when unblocking it. studio one did not blacklist it but crashed with almost the same alert box as shown in the original post.I tried cleaning the caches as described here , did not help. Then I removed 2 suspicious libraries and their reg entries , uninstalled kontakt with Revo and reinstalled R2R version . Some libs went Demo( were reactivated using only the R2R manager) but apart from that now it appears to be working (vst3 + standalone ). system is relatively fresh , has only had R2R 6.7.1 installed before.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  7. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Why on earth would someone use TEAM R2R Kontakt 7 and third party program like debrider?
    Have you read TEAM R2R instructions on this one.
    Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 behaves like legit one, therefore no 3rd party application are supported neither can help with some old libraries or similar issues. Just pick one version from one releaser.
    It is not fault with TEAM R2R but with people who doesnt know what they want or what to choose?

8. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

It was not really intended . i could not make some libraries work and wanted to roll back to a backup with working 6.7.1 but before try that .It did seem to work at first glance , the standalone worked and those libs loaded . I should have checked the vst3 first .Instead I started testing libs in standalone 1 or 2 "size reduced" libs seemed to crash the standalone . Maybe I am still going back to the imaged backup and start from scratch but now it appears to be working . Still wondering why the standalone was working and the vst 3 plugin broken .

9. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Unfortunately I have found no recent releases from bobdule with that debrider tool never worked for me. So best choice is to go all R2R, or someone else release who already have patched binaries, otherwise, that debrider tool or patching tools is bad, no doing something good therefore errors occur ....
    Sad enough to say, bobdule indeed have done more than a lot for this community especially with NI things, and to be honest I cant thank him enough, but that tool was tested dozen times on my virtual machines because of that reason, then i decided to stick with Team R2R. And believe or not, I personally know a lot of people who use 3rd party modified libraries but I never had a real need for that, only legit libraries.
    In my case it is a lot of easier, but for sure I feel pain for other people who wanted to use that debrider including myself in the beginning, then I simple give up. Anyways Bob have a lot other excellent releases which work like charm, but what is the deal lately with Kontakt releases really have not a clue.
    Maybe r4e can help him so they can together figure it out. r4e never failed on that matter.