Kontakt 7.5.2 shows DEMO on all libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ivvlad, Oct 3, 2023.

1. ivvlad

ivvlad Newbie

Hello, I am new to Kontakt and I am really confused with it. I downloaded Kontakt 7.5.2 from rutracker, installed it and added the libraries I had downloaded from the same site. Opening an instrument shows it as "demo". I had installed Native Access and tried installing the libraries from there, but it did not work. I also tried re-installing Kontakt and even tried earlier versions of it, but nothing worked. Do you know how can I fix this?

Here's a picture of the "DEMO": https://ibb.co/gryr22R

Also I just noticed that when I click on some instruments/samples it shows this: https://ibb.co/TgFcWfV

3. Megga

Megga Newbie

the minimal requirement to get Kontakt working is to have a Service Center folder with NativeAccess.xml inside (as Native Access installer does)
    you can copy paste the included service center folder in case you have none.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

4. ivvlad

ivvlad Newbie

Do you know where that directory would be on a Mac?

5. DWUW

DWUW Noisemaker

On Mac (I am on Catalina) this Service Center folder is located hd/library/apllication support/native instrumens
    I hope that helps.

6. ivvlad

ivvlad Newbie

Sadly I did not see any NativeAccess.xml files in any of the folders related to Kontakt and Native access. I now removed Native Access and re-installed Kontakt once again, set the library location, but still all the instruments are shown as DEMO... Any other ideas as to why this might be happening? It's really frustrating

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I am using Windows and you don't need Native Access (as in the Native Access software). You do need the NativeAccess.xml file in location though.

I have all of the Native Instruments stuff installed without Native Access, but do have the latest NativeAccess.xml file. All you need to do is install the Native Instruments software, place the latest NativeAccess.xml in the correct place, and the use R2R's latest Kontakt Manager to double click the library's .nicnt file for R2R's Kontakt Manager to register the library.

That is all that's needed.

8. ivvlad

ivvlad Newbie

Where can I get the NativeAccess.xml, because I do not have that file in any Native Instruments/Kontakt folders? Also I tried installing libraries with Kontakt Library Utility and nothing seems to work. I truly have no idea what to do. Been trying to install different versions of Kontakt, different libraries, different library managers and nothing