Kontakt 6 portable library adding problems

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by bdbr, Feb 6, 2019.

1. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

Firstly, I apologise profusely because I know there are so many threads around this, but I've been trying for hours and cannot get everything working properly so would really appreciate any help.

I have kontakt 6.0.2 portable.

I finally managed to get my libraries with .ncint working, but many of then don't have that file. What's the easiest way to get them working and appearing with a proper image in the main libraries tab inside Kontakt? I've found a lot of convoluted and differing info on this. If someone could even link a step by step guide if they didn't want to answer themselves that would be amazing.

Also the other important question, what's the easiest method to get everything working exactly the same on another computer/laptop? Instead of having to individually add each library?

Please and thank you!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Many posts about this already and I can't say what is the ultimate guide for wallpapers etc..
    I personally don't care if they are added properly on the left side as long as they load up.
    I use Quickload to access things. Made my own directory.

4. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Oh ...also the portable aspect is what will make it all be set up the same, so long as you copy that Quickload directory
    (usually: C:\Users\xxUSERxx\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\QuickLoad)
    Here is a look at how mine is set up:

Attached Files:

6. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

Where is quickload directory for Kontakt 6 portable? Can't seem to find it. I added one thing to quickload and can't find that anywhere. Also since my plugin is on a smaller ssd and the sample libraries are on a much larger separate ssd, how will I go about creating this directory exactly? That is an insane amount of libraries you have there... lol. What's the total folder size?

Are there any pros/cons of using quickload?

7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Oops. yeah I forgot. In Portable it should be here:
    "...\*wherever you want to put the folder***\Kontakt6Portable\UserData\Kontakt\QuickLoad"
    (I had the regular Kontakt 5.8 installed already and that is why I gave that other path. I will move it to the portable location and make a link point to it there in case I use that regular Kontakt 5.8.)
    I use symlinks for that (easy way with an option in settings for a shortcut in the right-click menu: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html )

Creating the Quickload folders is easy, and you can rename the folders how you like.
    Mine is so big because I am a noob and have no idea what i might use - lol
    And a big part of my hobbies is computer setup / organization / customization, etc.
    Music as well, but for me it is more interest of exploring the amazing abilities of DAW stuff than creating songs.

You can always browse the your Library folders on the left using the "Files" tab.
    From there I just drag folders into the Quickload folders, and rename things as you want right in Kontakt. It is best to do it there.
    Some "instrument" folders are kind of organized into subgroups, and where you want to drag things will vary by how deep the subfolders go and how much renaming you might want to do. I tried to limit renaming the subfolders folder too much and tried to leave the as the company named them.
    One thing I learned is to not bother trying to break up all Orchestral stuff into individual instruments. I began to do that at one point early on and realized it is a nightmare mistake - LOL.
    Abbreviating things well also helps when browsing.

Here is a post i made about using QL that has a couple of pics with arrows. No sure if it makes it more confusing or helps- lol
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/help-with-installing-kontakt-libraries.42406/#post-370009

8. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

Awesome thank you.

I've copied the kontakt 6 and libraries to my laptop and I'm struggling to get it working there. No libraries show up in the main library section but when I opened the library manager, they appeared there. But even if I load them through the file browser, none work. Some say the library is not installed, whereas others give me a 'files could not be found' error. Here are some screenshots.

https://imgur.com/NVgRtEW

https://imgur.com/bo1QFp2

Hopefully after this I can move on. My brain actually feels damaged from the countless hours I've spent trying to get this all working :S

It does seem like once I get this working, quick-load is the smarter way to organise the libraries. I will get onto making my folder layout.

9. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

Anybody have any ideas? Desperate for help :(

10. Talula

Talula Rock Star

yes, the prroblem is in the path to files:
    use only ENGLISH symbols in file or folder names