Kontakt 6 libraries work fine in standalone mode but go demo inside Cubase

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmth3gm, May 17, 2022.

1. pmth3gm

pmth3gm Newbie

Hey guys.. as the title says... i am having trouble working on some NI libraries since they go demo and expire after 15minutes inside cubase. In kontakt standalone mode everything seems fine, its the Kontakt 6.7 release. I have tried everything i could think of... my last resort for this solution is trying to find authorizations xml files funtionable on your system..Is it possible to edit those files somehow so i prevent them from working as a demo ? (libraries i need to use 'session horns pro 1.4, cuba , session bassist ) I downloaded them all from sister site and its prime release , my version of kontakt as well... I am really frustrated about this...
    Any ideas / suggestions / help ?

3. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

Wich kontakt? R2R, bob dule, legit? If it's bob dule and i rember right you have to patch the vst as well as the .exe! But i'm not sure. I would ask bob.

4. pmth3gm

pmth3gm Newbie

I had trouble with both, i found out that there was an xml in common files from native access that i forgot to clean up. Though i tried to reinstall both kontakts from r2r and mister dule but then while launching them i got the demo version for whatever reason. Maybe i got a little rusty with that stuff. I downloaded the kontakt portable version from sister site and it worked like a charm... now all my libraries are functional old and new ones and everything goes smooth. I didnt have much time though to establish work flow and figure out what are the pros and cons of using portable instead of the non portable version.