kontakt 6 kitty script error

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by jaypolar7856, May 1, 2022.

1. jaypolar7856

jaypolar7856 Noisemaker

just got a K'd Kontakt 6 on my macbook after using old Kontakt on windows for years to find out that you can't add a new library with a single button anymore so I looked around and saw I needed Kitty's script to do it or something?

so I downloaded the script and ran the command but it goes like this:

36:44: execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t continue activate. (-1708)

Invalid Kontakt library path

Press Enter to continue...

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I don't know what I'm doing :/

3. jaypolar7856

jaypolar7856 Noisemaker

+ I'm on monterey 12.0.1 and kontakt is latest moria version

4. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

your folder needs that .nks file. SO for instance, free kontakt libraries wont utilize kitty's script. I ran thru this issue before.

5. jaypolar7856

jaypolar7856 Noisemaker

hmm I'm not sure about .nks files or free libraries (I'm trying to install SS String Ensemble) but the problem I think is that the command cannot locate the library folder(?) of my Kontakt app. This message,
    appears as soon as I run the command, and I am not even greeted with the window to select an .nicnt file which is what I've gathered was supposed to happen.

6. tamango

tamango Newbie

i have same problem... script don't let me choose folder.... anyone can help me?

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

If I was confronted with a m1, and one of the MacOS versions you have updated to; I would install Kontakt 7. Start there and see if things are resolved. you will be updating to K7 soon anyway, if you haven't already. I would start fresh with 7. Then see what you cannot get working before you waste your time and effort on 6. I don't use Kontakt so I cannot be that helpful with it. But this is how I would approach your problem. gl

8. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

Just use Kontakt 5.6 app on your M1 to add the Library and then it will show up in Kontakt 6 or 7.
    Providing you have an NICNT file in your Kontakt Library folder and your SNIPD number's match.