Kontakt 6.8.0 Libraries in "DEMO" mode?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Nuktuk, Jul 4, 2024 at 8:16 PM.

1. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

Hi there everyone!

I am having the most frustrating time trying to install libraries for the most recent version of Kontakt on Bob Dule's site, I would be eternally grateful for any help with this :(

Basically, I can install, run and add libraries to Kontakt 6.8.0 no problem. However, when I try to open the libraries in Kontakt through FL Studio, it has "DEMO" at the top of the instrument. I've read about 8 other threads and all of the comments on said threads, but a lot of those "solutions" are for older versions of Kontakt (Kontakt 5.5.6 I believe) so I don't believe it would apply here, please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Some quick system specifications:

- Windows 11
    - DAW: FL Studio 2024 (Paid)
    - Kontakt version 6.8.0 directly from sister site (I also have the paid version of Kontakt 7 and have tried opening the libraries in this as well)

What I've tried so far:

- Completely uninstalling Kontakt 6.8.0 and re-installing - still says DEMO on my libraries after adding them
    - I tried installing older versions of Kontakt, but some of the libraries I would like to use only work on Kontakt 7.0.0. So I assume that I need to get a cracked version of Kontakt 7 in addition to Kontakt 6.8.0, then try running the libraries through the cracked version of Kontakt 7 after adding them through Kontakt 6.8.0. I have not tried this yet as I don't think it's necessary according to what I've read, but if it will help I will try it in a heart beat!

Here is an image of what I'm referring to. You can see how my paid libraries work fine, but the unpaid libraries that were added with "Kontakt_Button.exe" say "Activate" above them in the left menu; and DEMO at the top.

upload_2024-7-4_15-14-54.png

3. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

Have you read the comments, "Warning - skip the Kontakt 6 v6.8.0 update!", better stay on v6.7.1 :hifive:

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

it show Kontakt player
    so your kontakt is not patched

5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

When you un-installed, what was used? Just the generic win uninstall, or REVO, or...? REVO will get all the reg keys as well as left over stuff that needs to be removed (that generic win un-installer leaves behind) that can cause issues like yours.

If you have multiple kontakt instances (i.e. different versions installed) suggest removing ALL of them and running the latest version 7.10.5 (latest I believe from last count). BobbyD's latest FULL version should do fine. Works well for me. Also when you re-install make certain your nativeaccess.xml is the absolute latest. You can find that on BD's site as well.

6. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

I haven't seen anything about skipping 6.8.0, but I did read Bob's comment about patching it and I don't believe I did that step properly. Going to try that now and see what results it yields!

@bobdule Gotcha!! I see that now that it shows Kontakt Player, it didn't even occur to me! I remember running the patcher but also remember something didn't seem like it did anything, I will give this another try and update you! :)

@saccamano I just used the "uninstall.exe" file within the Kontakt folder itself, I don't have much experience here so apologies for the n00b level of knowledge I have here. I'll look into REVO after trying to patch Kontakt and seeing if that works, if it doesn't I'll follow your advice and uninstall again with REVO :)

Thank you guys so so much for the quick responses, I didn't expect replies so soon! I will update you asap!

7. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

@bobdule I tried to run the "Kontakt 6.8.0 Patcher.exe" file and it prompts me to select a file. I don't see a kontakt.dll file inside my Kontakt folder, so I'm unable to select it. upload_2024-7-4_16-14-28.png

I don't believe I deleted that file, but I can re-install if it's necessary. Is there something I'm missing? You were absolultely right about me not patching it, so thank you for that! I'm just not sure how to patch Kontakt without the Kontakt.dll file in there. Unless I need to grab it from somewhere else!

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I realize you are on Windows, but on Mac we had many versions without problems up to 6.6. People had problems with it from v6.6.6 (who saw that coming?) until v7. I remember looking at the PC versions, and there were also a bunch of comments about issues with them. There were an unusual number of "fixed" versions. Just some additional info :)

9. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

I think I just figured out my last question/problem! Not tagging anyone because I realize that may be super annoying. I never install .dll files when I install plugins, I always uncheck that box and only download VST3 files because I read that VST3 files run better on multi-core systems and have more features.

I will uninstall Kontakt completely and when I re-install this time, keep the .dll file. I'll patch it properly hopefully and then let you guys know if that worked and it no longer says "DEMO" mode for un-paid libraries :) Thanks again for everyone's input and solutions, it really really means a ton. I have been trying to get this to work since yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to focus on anything else since haha

Thankful you guys are kind! Will update asap!

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

Revo Uninstaller Pro will be the first program I will install should I ever use a Windows machine again. If your problem is caused by a failed, deauthorized/locked program or plugin; it's as close to a miracle worker as you will find. Even better than IObit Installer (paid version).

I read the thread a little more and agree with posts above that you should only install your k'd version of Kontakt first, after cleanly removing all files. You know your legit version is going to work. Get the other one working first, and if you have to add a legit version do that step later. Then if it breaks your k'd version, you know where your problem is.

11. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

I figured this out with y'all's help 2 hours ago, but I totally posted this in the wrong forum ---> OH MY GOSH!!! It worked, I am so goofy for not realizing this sooner! Thank you all so so much for the help again I am literally so happy. :) This made my week immensely better and I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

@clone Not sure if tagging you worked, but that was the problem :) I didn't patch it the first time because I couldn't find the kontakt.dll file; but my issue was that I ONLY install VST3 files from all installers (Usually) so the version of Kontakt that I downloaded was only the VST3 ver. The issue totally disappeared after doing a clean install and ensuring to leave VST, VST3 and AAX boxes checked :) Thanks again, I can't believe I missed this lol!

[​IMG]