Kontakt 6.7.1 Crashes [Windows]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Marxs, May 28, 2022.

1. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

I also had a lot of problems with Kontak 6.7.0 first and 6.7.1 later. Nothing I did worked and I had to go back to 6.6.1. What finally worked was Kontakt portable by vkDanilov. It works perfect!!
    One thing I haven't tried is reinstalling the C++ libraries. Since the portable version uses its own C++ it is very possible that they have to do with the crashes.

2. fransva

fransva Noisemaker

Sure, I will dm the file When I got home. I'll tell you the details.

3. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

it just happen to me 30mins ago !!
    i didnt notice this post exists... i already create a new one about the same problems all of you says !!! :c im in the same place...

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

you should experiment more how the cache react in daw.
    especially when replacing a kontakt version that will load from a previous or another database.

the more you change version or registration scheme, the more it will crash at the opening. générally 2 time with cubase before rebuild correctlly the cache.

complain to steinberg or native instruments, they are the crash creators.

5. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

no, kontakt setup can be used as an update, it never need uninstall.
    simply keep this regedit key in place.
    you can use 6.6.1 kontakt.exe (file ony) to create it. or launch native access. the exe can be opened from everywhere if kontakt is installed, even another version.

you can also use a fake regdit value, but it will load slower with Komplete kontrol and maschine than the real machine id. shared by every NI product. as if it rebuild database with another serial at every opening when you switch of application.
    that is why i abandoned this anti crash solution to resolve the crash joke without this key.

the best way is to use the real maschine id value, but no more generated by Kontakt since 6.7.0

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Do you think that there will be a fix for Our Problem in the next Kontakt Update ?

7. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

no, you are dreaming
    the normal use is install from native access
    the cache bug effect is a steinberg/presonus failure when replacing dll or vst3

your problems are only a poor computing knowledge and usage experiment. all versions are working.

8. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

I have the key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Shared uret machine id because before installing 6.7.1 I had 6.6.1. Kontakt 6.7.x crashes not just the first 2 times you open it, but every time. In my case, about half the time. It closes without even being able to load any sound. The cache effect does not explain these crashes, at least not in all cases. The portable version of Danilov does not close. Since it uses its own C++ runtime, they may be to blame for these crashes. But I think it's more likely to crash when scanning libraries, since when Kontakt loads, 99% of the time it spends scanning libraries (at least if you have a lot of them) and it's in that long phase that it crashes. The portable version of Danilov does not search the Windows registry or Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center, but rather a single XML in its own Service Center folder

9. fransva

fransva Noisemaker

Hope you have figured it out by now. I had to install a fresh windows, so that iriitating crash popped up again. All just related to that registry key Bobdule mentioned. But He doesn't explain it very well, assuming we are all computer engineer.
    When you open Regedit, the following line shouldn't be empty. If it's empty use the same value from the "uret-distrinct-id" key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Shared
    uret-machine-id xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx

10. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

it is a regedit key check done at the opening.
    if missing kontakt close. it is not hard to understand.

Kontakt 7.1.3 just out still need the "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\shared" key.
    but you don't need uret-machine-id value, it can even been deleted.

[​IMG]

11. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

For me no crash at the moment.

I want to recall that in past I had Kontakt (6.?) crashes, any mod, eventually I discovered that blocking it completely with firewall created the issue, while it needed a loopback (127.0.0.1) allow rule, since then was fine, maybe it could be helpful also to check firewall.