Kontakt 6.5.1 portable UI issue in Reaper

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I opened an old project in Reaper and found the UI of a virtual instrument, Shreddage 3 Jupiter, is broken. When I add a new one, it shows properly. I'm wondering if anybody had the same issue.

Reaper: 6.25
    Windows 10 64 bit

Kontakt Portable.JPG

3. Ramp

Ramp Newbie

Just try to put that Kontakt track in first position in Reaper's tracks and it should shows correctly

4. Grada

Grada Noisemaker

Thats problem with particular library. Be sure you copied(installed) all necessary files to the "C:\Users\[you]\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt\pictures"

5. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Thanks. I just checked it and found there is no pictures folder. Weird.

6. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Thx, but I don't get it clearly. Do you mean the locate the Kontakt track at the top of the track order?

7. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I only had one library do this so far, Heavyocity DM307. The solution was what Grada said (somewhat), which was to look in the library's folder for pictures.. then take those pictures and put them in your Kontakt portable's pictures folder (if one doesn't exist, create one). Mine isn't actually in "C:\Users\[you]\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt\pictures" ... it's in the Kontakt portable folder \pictures, as I said. Not the root one with the Helper folder, Libraries, UserData, but inside Kontakt in that folder, create a pictures folder if it doesn't exist, and place the .png / .txt files, if your library has those.

The Kontakt portable folder where the pictures go will have a bunch of other folders in it: Database, default, Documentation, groups, pictures (here's where they go.. if it doesn't exist, create it), presets, x64, x86... as well as a couple DLLs.

Once you've copied the pictures there, just reload kontakt and the library and try again.

8. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I checked the Shreddage 3 Jupiter folder, but there was no image file. The funny thing is that it still shows the image when I pull up the new one.

9. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Oh, sorry, I misread and didn't realize that you can replace it with a new instance of Shreddage and it works. Weird, I can't say I've had that happen before.

Is there any reason you can't just do that and save the project again for it to (hopefully) work?... Perhaps because you don't know the preset settings to use? If that's the case, you can probably just turn off the UI (hit the UI button in top right in the FX window) and just copy down the settings, and copy them into the new instance after.

10. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

It's kinda hard to remember all settings I did. I decided to leave it alone. Thanks anyway!

11. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I know you said you decided to leave it alone, but, I'm being a little stupid here. You might be able to just use Reaper's "save preset" functionality, which will save all the VST's settings for you.. then try reloading Kontakt, and then recall that preset. It might just bring back the bad UI though, not sure. Worth a shot though, as that's pretty quick and easy to try. There's also possibly other ways to copy the settings in a less manual way, with Reaper.