Kontakt 6.1.1 problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by malevan, Sep 23, 2019.

1. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

I just installed the Hummingbird, all 40 GB v.1.21. Would love to explore it but Kontakt will not load it. I add the library within Kontakt and it accepts and I restart Kontakt. I just get the dreaded " This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed". I just don't get it. I tried relocating on another drive, renaming etc. The library shows in regedit but Kontakt just refuses to load it.

I don't know how to build my own nicnt so would someone be kind enough to help. The nicnt I have is the latest 1.2.1. I've run out of ideas so I'm turning to the forum if I may. I tried DoubleY 2 & 3 but no success. Tried Kontakt portable, still no success. Tried going back to an earlier version of Hummingbird. Still didn't work.

Please help.

Mal.

3. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

Anyone?

I thought someone must have this working and is far more knowledgeable than me at getting vst's to work. I just write, sing and play instruments. I tried as much as I know how.

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Please search for "SNPID" and learn from the many solutions offered here. I'm sure your problem has been discussed already.

5. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

I searched all references to "SNPID" tiction and no specific mention of Hummingbird is mentioned. I have version 1.20 and version 1.21 and neither version will load up in Kontakt 6.1.1. I. I do not have any other SNPID with the same number. This latest versions SNPID is 484 and I would upload the nicnt but it doesn't seem to be allowed. This is it at the front of the file in notepad++. This is version 1.2.1. I used Tracer's tools and have exhausted everything I can think of. Either the nicnt is corrupt or there is something else that is preventing the library from loading. As I pointed out earlier the library does register but on restarting Kontakt I repeatedly get the dreaded message above. I'm sure someone has this running and can enlighten me. Thanks in anticipation. Mal.
    Corel.jpg

6. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

There is no xml file present for this library. Should there be? Is it possible to make one?

7. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

Wow ...... Getting nowhere with this one.

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@malevan Sometimes you need to be patient. Sometimes people are busy. Sometimes they don't have an answer. The problem is not Kontakt 6.1.1. The problem is you. You are not adding the library as it should be done. i have explained this like 10 times during the last month. Some of you are not using the ADD library within Kontakt.
    1. First thing you must do is check that no other library is using the 484 SNPID.
    2. Next delete the following keys
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Native Instruments>Hummingbird
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Native Instruments>Hummingbird

3. Lastly, add the library by opening Kontakt. Go to HELP. Click on ADD LIBRARIES. Select the Hummingbird library. It should give you a message that it is added. Next go to Manage Libraries, click on Libraries and make sure that the box that belongs to Hummingbird is checked.
    If that does not work i can send you a NCIT that I have, which is older than yours, but works. BTW, there is going to be no .xml in Service Center.

9. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

My apologies. I was not trying to be rude in any way.

I have checked my libraries and don't appear to have used 484 snpid. I would really appreciate trying the version you have if I may 'The Pirate'.

Thank you for your response.

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

First, do excactly what I wrote in the instructions. I know you are not being rude. Im a grumpy old man.:rofl:

11. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'd love to help, but I'm a little confused. What OS is this? Windoze? Mac? You're saying that the Hummingbird library already had a legit .nicnt file and you're trying to make a new one? Here's the problem:

If your Kontakt library actually has or had a legit .nicnt file, you can't make a new one for it. Kontakt v5 will let you add the library, but it won't stay there; you'll have to re-add the library every time you open Kontakt v5. Kontakt v6 flat-out won't recognize it. I'm not sure what circumstances you downloaded Hummingbird under, but it sounds like it either had a legit .nicnt file at some point and it wasn't included in your download (which happens a lot), or the wrong .nicnt was included. Again, your post wasn't entirely clear. You downloaded an update with a new .nicnt file? Maybe try going back to the old one. It came with no .nicnt file? Check and make sure the actual library never came with one in the first place. If it did, you may have to scour the Internet for a different version of the library that has the original .nicnt file, or find someone with the legit .nicnt file (not a homemade version). Again, if the legit library already has a legit .nicnt file, making a new one just will not work -- only the original legit file will.

(Edit: I think I see the problem. I only own one Prominy library -- SR5 Rock Bass -- and it has no .nicnt file whatsoever, but loads just fine in Kontakt v6 as a library. So here's something to try: move that .nicnt file to the trash. Now open Kontakt and try re-adding the library again with no .nicnt file involved)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  12. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

I have now checked every library and I do not have any other nicnt that shares 484 snpid. I have also followed your instructions above and gone through every procedure. Although the library does register it does not show in the libraries pane.

13. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

I'm using Windows 7. I seem to remember way back using the first version of Hummingbird. I lost that drive ages ago but have downloaded the newer versions. I have tried version 1.20 and 1.21. I tried Tracer's SnpidLocator but it doesn't seem to work. Also I note that Hummingbird shows in NI - Local Machine but not in NI - Current User. I thought they should be in both.

Just about to try without the nicnt file.

14. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

The library is not recognised without the nicnt file.

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I have the same OS that you have and have been using Hummingbird without any issues. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it without problems. Use this NICNT. But before running the ADD LIBRARY again, make sure that you avail yourself of Regscanner and conduct a scan/search using Hummingbird as "Exact match". Delete every entry that shows up in the results.

Attached Files:

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    That is not the case 100% of the time. Indeed, it is NOT the case the majority of times. However, it does not make any sense to make something that already exists, and which should, and does, work as it is. So yes you CAN but WHY do it?

EDIT: Are you using the ADD LIBRARY option within Kontakt 6 as I explained?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  17. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

Thank you for the nicnt file. Very grateful. I really thought that would fix it but alas no. I am slowly going through every library ansearching for anything with 484 SNPID for the second time. I think there is nothing else I can think of.

18. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

there is a message in the bottom left of Kontakt saying Library not registered although it says registered when I add it but doesn't show in libraries. This completely foxes me.

19. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

have you done EVERYTHING exactly as I told u without skipping any steps? If you have, Check your PM.
    Edit: If your library was installed it should show up when you run this tool. Uninstall using this tool and try to add with the file I sent you AND following the steps I gave you. Im 99.9% certain that it is user error we are dealing with here.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019

Attached Files:

20. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

It was the missing xml file. As soon as I placed it in service center ..... Voila. Many thanks for your advice and assistance guys. I really appreciate your help.

Mal.

21. malevan

malevan Noisemaker

Not sure how to mark a thread as 'solved'

It was 'celtic3342' that sent me the missing xml file and it worked like a charm.

Please enlighten me on how to like or add someone who deserves recognition for the efforts put in to help. I'm new to all of this. :wink: