Kontakt 6.1.1 Only loads 13 out of 23 Library but V5 sees them all?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by belinea2010, Sep 15, 2019.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Reading though the forum I see others have had problems like mine so I do not want to ask duplicate questions but in case mine is specific to my DAW setup here goes...

Windows 7 64 bit
    Cubase 5 (32 Bit)
    J Bridge
    23 different Kontakt Librarys.

Kontakt 5 saw and was able to open all of my Librarys except two which require V6 hence changing to V6.1.1.

I did a comprehensive un install of Kontakt V5 using Revo Uninstaller, Regscanner and UltraSearch using Kontakt as the search term in each.

After rebooting my DAW I then installed P2P's Kontakt 6 v6.1.1 STANDALONE, VSTi, AAX x86 x64 and used the included Add Library tool to scan my Kontakt Library folder.

I load up Kontakt and it now only shows 13 Librarys in the browser - not good.

I tried to add them manually in Kontakt by doing Libraries>Add Libraries and then selecting each missing Library but Kontakt gives a "No Libraries Found" error.

I then tried to load a Library manually by Files > (then selecting a .nkr) Nothing happens

I then treid to load a instrument with a library by going to the top right hand side part of the menu bar and using Load>Load Patch and some will open and others will not.

Can someone guide me on how I can get all of my Librarys showing in the large left hand side Library section of Kontakt like they did in V5?

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

This is not hard to fix. But first two questions:
    1) Why are you using the tool instead of Kontakt in order to add libraries? Use Kontakt instead of the tool. I already explained this on the other thread. Just open Kontakt go to the HELP tab and use the ADD LIBRARY option. With this version there is no need for any tool.

2) When you added the libraries did you get a library added message? If you did make sure that in the manage library tab all the boxes are check. If they are not that will hide the library. If that does not work check your XML file in Service Center. Make sure all the libraries are there, that the SNPID are written properly and not conflicting with one another.

BTW, there was no need to uninstall K5 unless you were having problems with it. Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 can operate next to each other.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Hi The Pirate

1) I used the add library tool because it was included in the Patch Folder and I assumed it was supposed to be used as part of the patch?

2) when I added the libraries the message I got is "13 libraries successfully registered. Changes will take effect the next time you launch Kontakt". It only sees 13 of the 23 libraries I have installed. All of the 13 it sees are Checked.

I uninstalled V5 because normally we are to told uninstall previous versions.

In my service center I can see:
    Service Center\conf\ProductHints.xml
    Service Center\conf\i18n\eng.xml

Is it ProductHints.xml that I have to check?

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I don't know who told you that. That is totally incorrect. In fact, whoever said that does no even know what her or she is talking about. Go to C:/program Files/Common Files/Native Instruments/Service Center. Each library has to have its own XML file. If you want make a zip and send them to me by PM. Your problem is not Kontakt 6. It is USER ERROR.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019