Kontakt 6.04 problem in Logic pro X

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonsmusic, Jun 4, 2023.

1. jonsmusic

jonsmusic Newbie

Im running an older system with Logic Pro X. Kontakt v6.04 works OK standalone but doesnt open in Logic. Looking at the plugin listed it says cannot open. Is it only compatible with certain versions of logic? If so, which version? I've looked online and can find no info on this. I can't run a newer version of Kontakt as i'm on El capitan on this old system.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Since it can see the plugin (AUValTool) , you may just need to Codesign or PermissionsReset2/BatChmod the Kontakt .Component in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

There are not really AU plugins that Logic cannot use because of plugin version #s. (it would be generally caused by the operating system and 32bit vs 64 mismatch, etc). https://support.native-instruments....ility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

10.11.6 El Capitan Last Supported Version:

KONTAKT 6 (FULL+PLAYER) 6.0.4.

So 6.0.4 is the correct "last version" you will be able to run without updating to High Sierra. (where you can run up to Kontakt 6.6.1)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  4. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

I'm on High Sierra, and holding solid using K5.6.0 app to load libraries, but open K6.7.1 in Logic Pro 10.4.8

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

6. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

How do I code sign or reset? I have no idea how to do this.

7. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

in terminal, issue the command: sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - and drag your kontakt .component plugin to the terminal. hit enter.
    If you do not have Xcode already installed, you need to install it first. issue command: xcode-select --install

You can also go on sister site and download Codesigner. It is just a GUI app for this function, but it is a good timesaver for installing any plugins. Long and short of it: Code Signing Certificates are used by software developers to digitally sign applications, drivers, executables and software programs as a way for end-users to verify that the code they receive has not been altered or compromised by a third party.

If your problem is caused by a permissions issue, you can use Permissions Reset2, which you can download: https://ohanaware.com/permissionsreset/. Or you can download it from Sister Site.

You can use Batchmod, it does essentially the same thing : https://macdownload.informer.com/batchmod/download/

Usually either will work, but I have seen a few things that worked with one and not the other.

These are the most common causes a downloaded plugin will not work, if everything has been installed correctly. it's not the only possibility, but they often will give you BS error messages that are meaningless and unhelpful. " file damaged, get a new copy", etc.

9. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

10. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

I tried the codesigning gui app but got an error. I've just noticed that the plugin for Kontakt 6.0.4 is not in Logic. It's version 6.7.0. It seems I don't have 6.04 installed. Not sure why.

11. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

OK sorted. I managed to get 6.04 component. Replaced 6.7.0, used codesigner for 6.0.4 and it installed in logic. Thanks for the help.