Kontakt 6.0.3 Add Library Issue.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by flguy, Feb 2, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

So I got 6.0.3 working, with no issues. The libraries I had that wouldn't play with 5 work fine now, but when trying to add a completely new library in 6.0.3, I get the "File not found" error. I think it might have to do with the addlibrary.exe. I've noticed that in the Kontakt 6 files, it's called "Add Library.exe" with a space in between and 5 it's "AddLibrary.exe". I have both of them in my Native Access folder as per instructions, and since they are named different I didn't overwrite either of them. Am I supposed to overwrite the old add library.exe with the new one in 6, or will that mess 5 up? If anyone can help me get rid of this error I'd appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Make a backup "addlibrary.exe" from kontakt 5 and try to overwrite files.... copy "addlibrary.exe" from k6 and overwrite it with file from k5... Ofc that u will have to a change a name for that.... and u will see what is happening.....if it will work - your are fine ;)

But if that will not work - u should del kontakt 5 and stay with k6 (in my opinion ofc....) As u said.. u have k6.0.3 fully working - same here.... Using only k6 and all libs works fine ( even "addlibrary.exe").. so maybe u have this issue becouse files "addlibrary.exe" from k5 and k6 are not compatible to each other (if u know what i mean) ;)

so:

1. try to overwrite "addlibrary.exe" from k6 with k5 - and u will see
    and/or
    2. del k5 and stay with k6 and u will be ready to go....

PS: "addlibrary.exe" on k6 works fine without any issuse.... in both version... normal and portable

http://audiosex.pro/threads/cant-add-libraries-in-kontakt-6.42539/#post-371878

4. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Ok so I will delete the kontakt 5 "AddLibrary.exe" and overwrite it with the 6.0.3 add library. People were saying Kontakt 6 is an addon for 5, so I wasn't sure if I could delete 5 and have 6 working fine, but it seems as I can. I will get back to you on what happens :).

5. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

lol... kontakt 6 isnt a addon for kontakt 5 :P its a new version of kontakt..... so u can use only k6 if u want ;)

6. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I was going to say the same thing, people are always wary of changing their Daw setup and rightly so, but just let go of the old Kontakts because as homer said K6.0.3 just works. I use the portable version and all libs work, plus it's portable so all files are contained in one place and no reg entries.If it all goes wrong or you don't like it , just delete the K6 folder and you are back to where you were before.

7. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Damn, I replaced the add library.exe and renamed it, but I'm still getting this error: https://imgur.com/a/eens1v1
    I'd like to get rid of 5 and use 6 since it is alot smoother and faster, but I still can't get around this error.
    I might have to keep 5 to add libraries, and just use 6 when composing.
    It's weird because aside from that error everything works flawlessly.
    If anyone has team viewer and is down to help, let me know!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019