KONTAKT 5 problem: THE PATCH IS ENCRYPTED AND CANNOT....

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by hart91, Sep 25, 2015.

1. test123

test123 Newbie

Updating the service centre worked. Thank You!

2. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Can someone simplify this quote? because i do not understand it completely.

1. When using a cracked kontakt every lib is unregistered am i right?
    So trying to register it has no purpose so its just stupid :)

2. Dont delete the .xml and .plist... you will be sad...
    Why precisely? and why do i hear it so much as a common fix when having problems with a specific lib?

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

He's simply referring to the fact that Unlocked Kontakt does not perform a registration check.

This means there is no need to input a serial when you add the library because it bypasses the service centre.

However even with unlocked Kontakt whenever you ADD a library thru the add library tab on PC a registry entry is created in your computers registry i.e u can check with regedit.

Therefore if I use unlocked Kontakt side by side with legitimate Kontakt then when if I add a library through unlocked Kontakt when I subsequently run Legit Kontakt the service centre will pick up that registry entry and will then ask you to input a serial which of course u do not have.

So in essence you can run legit and unlocked side by side & update legitametely owned libraries registered with NI thru the service centre even with the registry info of libraries not registered with NI also present.

HOWEVER every time you run legit it will ask for a serial for any library that encrypted and not registered with NI through the service centre. Subsequently a library not registered with NI thru the service centre may demo time out on legit whilst running fine on unlocked

As 4 OSX well thats OSX and i can't advise :wink:

4. Jezeebel1

Jezeebel1 Newbie

Hope that help guys with the same problem " This library is encrypted bla bla bla" in a future. Some libraries have native .ninct file inside teh register. So, if when you add one of those and you receive that message, check if there is a .ninct file in the folder. Remove it from kontakt and close it. Delete the .xlm from the service center folder. Open regedit and delete any register about that library as well. Open kontakt and add it again. It will work perfectly.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

I use Kontakt 5.5 on Win 8.1 and all libraries (old and new) work well.
    When I formatted my PC and reinstalled Kontakt I followed this procedure:
    I first installed version 5.0.3 and the latest version of the Service Center, and here I have installed ALL the libraries.
    Then I did the update: 5.1.0 ... 5.2.1 ... 5.3.1 ... 5.4.1 ... 5.5.0
    And I never lost any library, even the older (Kompakt) work perfectly.
    I only had problems with the latest 5.6 version, I think the new version of Kontakt are designed to completely rewrite the rules ... so I decided to stop at 5.5.0 until it comes out a more stable version.
    I hope I was helpful.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016