Kontakt 5 not remembering Libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by wonder, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

WHO told you that? :unsure:
    I'm running Kontakt 5 v5.0.1 on an old MAC OSX Leopard 10.5.8
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………

2. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

So, I don't know why this is happening to me. I'm using Kontakt K'd 5.5.1.451 and Apollo Cinematic Guitars is removed from the library every time I close Kontakt. It works fine when I re-install it. But, the same thing happens each time. I deleted the xml files, but that didn't work. Every other library works fine, legit or otherwise. I can't use this, though. The DAW software can't find it because it won't stay in place. It's pretty annoying, and I've tried re-installation of my Full Kontakt software. I tried using a different SNPID number and nicnt file. No-go. I'm at my wit's end.

Anyone's help is much appreciated!

--
    Edit 2017-02-21: I forgot to mention that I found the fix. I had a library with 6 digits. The first 3 or last 3 were the same as another library. I don't care to go check which. The bottom line is that I made custom nicnt files. An SNPID that I chose matched one from a dev. They should only be 3 digits. And, then again, I'm now a proponent of leaving the nicnt files and SNPID numbers alone.

Hope that helps. That is indeed the solution to the problem. You just may have to check a lot of digits.
    (@Monty Hall - check your libraries XML files)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Monty Hall

Monty Hall Ultrasonic

Hello, was wondering if there was a fix for this somewhere? I was the same problem with a couple of libraries...

4. segglyuk

segglyuk Kapellmeister

[Quote = "Xyenz Fyxion, post: 145.539, tag: 10637"] Szóval, nem tudom, hogy ez miért történik velem. Én a Kontakt K'd 5.5.1.451 és Apollo Cinematic Gitárok eltávolítjuk a könyvtárban minden alkalommal, amikor bezárja Kontakt. Úgy működik, ha újra telepíteni. De ugyanaz a dolog történik minden alkalommal. Azt el kell hagyni az xml fájlokat, de ez nem működik. Minden más könyvtári működik, legális vagy más módon. Nem tudom használni ezt, bár. A DAW szoftver nem találja, mert nem marad a helyén. Elég bosszantó, és próbáltam újra telepítése a Full Kontakt szoftver. Próbáltam egy másik SNPID száma és nicnt fájlt. No-go. Vagyok én ész végén.

Bárki segítségét előre is köszönjük! [/ Quote]

Hi! It also removed the Apollo Library (win7). I tried another forum advised those carried out, but it does not work. New nicnt and SNPID number is also no go.
    Look at this forum too .. (sorry google translator)

https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-5-5-libraries-disapear.29209/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. PTuser

PTuser Newbie

Hi - Im running Kontakt V 5.6.6 in Sierra (Mac). Having this issue with some libs not retaining in memory on restart. Ive looked at the info on here. I can get certain libraries to retain. I have the old xmls from my older OS version and if I drop them into service center, most of them then come back on restart. Some libs just don't want to know....I've tried modifying SNPID numbers. Checking the content.plist (the libs that are missing are not in there). Tried creating my own xml from the sc3 temp file and manually adding it to Service Center. All to no avail - getting very frustrated..... If anyone is on top of this issue and confident, I would be happy to make a donation....