Kontakt 5 not playing ball [Mac]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by armyofone, Aug 16, 2014.

1. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Hey guys. Salute to the whole audioz crew

So I was wondering if any of you would be able to share with me any suggestions that you might have to get my Kontakt 5 up and running again or if you've run into the same problem.

My macbook crashed and I had to wipe everything and install everything over again which has been a major pain in the backside but the one app that won't reinstall is Kontakt.

I can't get it to install fully from Komplete 9 and I have about a dozen different versions I've been loading from audioz and torrents from v5.0.3 all the way to 5.3.1 and a lot of them won't run in standalone and the most that I can get is to run as Kontakt Player. It's weird as I was running 5.3.1 before the macbook crashed but I can't get the combination of upgrades and permission resetting right. It's like cracking a safe and I've run out of combinations.

I am using Batchmod and Permissions Reset and have tried playing around with the settings and trying pretty much everything on the forums but I'm still having no luck. I tried installing Kontakt Player 5.3.1 from the NI site and using the cracks from the r2r version but no luck there either. Is there any particular version of Kontakt I should be upgrading from and is there any specific settings I should be using to reset the permissions with? I know that v5.3.1 requires a previous version installed first and I've tried a version of 5.0.3 and 5.2.0 but I can't even get those to run out of demo mode yet. At this stage I'm not even too bothered if I can't get v5.3.1 to run although some of the libraries need it to run. I'd rather just get a working version up.

I still haven't gotten around to fully utilising Kontakt yet but I'm hoping to get it running and learn a hell of a lot more about it so I can keep up with what you guys talk about :grooves: . I recently legit bought Maschine 2 after demoing it on here first and Kontakt is now next on my list to trial.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

There is a plist file you move somewhere,afterwards restart,should fix it,had the same problem a lil while when I installed Kontakt on mac

4. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Levitate you are an absolute star. Can you believe I was doing the correct thing all the time but I never tried restarting and checking. Sometimes it's the little things that get you.

Many thanks for your help. You have no idea how grateful I am to not see the word 'Player' after the word Kontakt on startup for the hundredth time. :thumbsup:

Much love

5. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Not a problem,what I'm here for.
    You're very much welcome!
    Glad I could help. *yes*

Thank you for the awesome compliment! :bow:

Take care!

:mates:

6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

quick memo to when you caint get things to install ! Use (Pacifist) great app been a life saver

7. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Pacifist its also a great tool to see where every filé is installed in your system, there are só many hidden that we be concious about :wink: