Kontakt 5 memory crash in cubase5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by stagio, May 10, 2017.

1. stagio

stagio Newbie

when i load specific library in kontakt(session horns pro) and try to play,at first kontakt getting slower and after a while both cubase and kontakt crash and give me this error message

BACKGROUND LOADING WARNING:
    Your memory is getting low.Please use the purge function to free some resources.Kontakt will progressively cache only the required samples for playback and offline bounce.

system:
    windows 10 Pro 64bit
    8GB RAM

i use 32 bit versions of cubase 5 and kontakt

does anyone know how to fix that

3. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Here's a crazy idea....try using the Purge button.

4. Dallenbach

Dallenbach Noisemaker

In cubase 5 32 bit you can load only 2gb ram in kontakt 5. you have to use jbridge to get more ram.

5. J. David Ojeda

J. David Ojeda Newbie

1. Dallenbach is right, Cubase 5 runs in 32 bits and then only recognizes 2 gb ram, But....Dallenbach, could you explain how to use jbridg?

6. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Great point. I completely forgot about that. But actually it's 4gb.

To use JBridge for a 32 bit DAW, first choose 32-bit host. It will highly recommend that you create bridging files inside a directory of your specification, so choose that option. Then select the folder with the 64 bit dll(s) you want to bridge. And finally choose a destination folder for the bridged file(s). You will receive the results after it does it's thing.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. Dallenbach

Dallenbach Noisemaker

8. stagio

stagio Newbie

guys thanks for your answers
    at first i forgot to say that i recently updated kontakt 5 from 5.2.1 to 5.5.0 .I dont know if it matters just i mention it
    so
    i try to use jbridge.I set it for 32bit host(cause cubase is 32bit) and select the 32 bit kontakt dll which i want to bridge but i didnt see any difference.Kontakt still crash in cubase5 and give me error messages, when i open many channels or when i try to load specific libaries(large libaries like session horns pro).So am i doing something wrong?
    i m thinking of changing daw cause cubase5 is only in 32bit.But its not easy cause all my projects are on cubase
    so what can i do?
    thanks again

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  9. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

JBridging would only help you access more of your RAM if you were using Kontakt 32 in a 64-bit host.
    32-bit hosts simply can't use more than 4gb of RAM - even when running on a 64-bit operating system.

You could always try bouncing your stems from Cubase and mixing in Studio One or Reaper to get full access to your RAM.
    There are Cubase key maps in Studio One and full Cubase themes in Reaper to help your transition into learning a new DAW.