Kontakt 5 Mapping Editor and Group Editor WTF??? nothing works

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kingvrage, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Producer

:wtf:Can someone please explain to me how to remap an instrument the way I want or remap a group to a particular hit? and please don't give me any vague answers like "der, just use the mapping editor" because I know where all the is and I've heard it a million times and none of those options do jack shit.

https://www.adsrsounds.com/kontakt-tutorials/the-kontakt-mapping-editor/

have a look at that, completely useless. NI support? they don't know shit about their own product. at this stage Im thinking of just selling my account to someone and never go back to NI again. very janky and unorganized program.

Im just trying to accomplish 1 small thing and it is seemingly impossible. heavyocity damage, PERC studio kit,
    I just want to be able to move the kick on F1 to C1 and I cannot figure out this zones and groups BS nd it's really starting to piss me off to the point that I feel like I have wasted my money. :trashing:

3. G String

G String Rock Star

4. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Producer

yeah, thatd work for a synth I guess, but not for an indepth drum kit.

5. G String

G String Rock Star

The vertical columns/bars are the velocity range, so multisamples are several samples for one note, with a range of velocities (on the vertical columns/bars in the editor)?

Or you could just use F1 instead of C1 for the kick and not have to change anything? That's always my solution. :D Just suck it up.

There is a chance that Heavyocity prevents editing in the way you want. It's a commercial library so they might not want you editing too much of it. Even it that's true, aren't there alternative mappings under settings for Heavy?

ETA - having just scanned through the manual I believe Heavy won't allow the edits you are trying to make. There's nothing about remapping/rezoning.

Reconfigure your MIDI/trigger to send F1 to Kontakt when you hit C1 in MIDI or whatever? Or use the old fashioned method of "just make do". ;)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016