Kontakt 5: "Library Not Found" - Analogue Drum Plastique

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ltjbukum, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ltjbukum

ltjbukum Member

I'd appreciate some help on this one - when I d/l a Kontakt libary, like, fer instance. Analogue Drum Plastique - posted a few minutes ago, I get myself into the following trouble.

I unzip the files. Then place the folder where I want it, open Kontakt 5 (thanks for the OSX post today, btw), and click "Add Library." Then browse to the new folder and click "Open".

Sometimes, it works. The library loads and I am off to the races. Other times, however, it doesn't work. And I get the error "Library Not Found."

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it?

TIA.

l.

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Look in the top level folder for all the ones that do show up in the library. You will notice usually a couple of files in that folder with .nkx and/or .nkc extensions. These have all the library information, with the graphics and whatever else. You can make these files for libraries that don't have it, I don't have time to find the link or instructions right now, but if you browse around this site you will find detailed instructions on how to do so, and Audioz has several good packs of image files others have designed for lots of popular libraries.

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

not every library is meant to be used in the library tab, but there is a way to make it work.

My post on how: http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/618-save-kontakt-library-activations/

My and others post with wallpapers: http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/669-jpegs-for-kontakt-morphology-and-outer-limits-libraries/

5. ltjbukum

ltjbukum Member

Lampwiikk and Mykal -

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately I am running OSX, so not sure I can figure out how to add the libraries on my own. Your explanations were really straightforward, though - and appreciated. I guess I can only run libraries that have .nkx/.nkc files. I'm not quite certain how to load a library otherwise - that is, how to get a bunch of .nki files into the sampler.

So is it true that only official NI Kontakt releases have the .nkx/.nkc files?

Thanks again.

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Oops I totally missed the fact that you are on a MAC(way too much Vodka last night) anyways.....

INFO:

1. go to Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences
    2. locate one .plist file for example com.native-instruments.Symphobia.plist and copy and paste it
    3. rename it to your desired library name e.g com.native-instruments.Tonehammer Waterphone.plist
    4. open it with Plist Pro and edit it by deleting all its entries except : a. ContentDir and b. Visibility (which needs to be set to 3)
    5. now open com.native-instruments.Content.plist
    6. create a new sibling and name is something like k2libxxxx (where xxxx use any 4 digit numbers(keep the number below 1000), NOT the same as any other existing entries in the file.. So for example k2lib0001 and name it Tonehammer Waterphone/Also
    7. Point your library's location under ContentDir in the com.native-instruments.Tonehammer Waterphone.plist
    8. Open Kontakt

7. Stefan188

Stefan188 Newbie

theres btw one other way, i played yesterday with hacking a orginal Lib to get this added, in first trys its works but i missed some checks who must be fixed