Kontakt 5 library install + kontakt 6 HOW ?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by danielworks, Feb 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

"Tbh" the way that you promote has always seemed a waste of time to me.
    And I don't believe it helps anybody to make music...
    ...especially when the lib can still be opened without all this faffing around.

2. danielworks

danielworks Noisemaker

OK, I got what was wrong :

Just copied these lines form the nict file in the lib and the pasted/substitute inside the XML file . I sorted all out

3. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

@Smooth Groves

I've got several Kontakt libraries with K'd Kontakt, plus legit Kontakt and several "legit" libraries and haven't come across the id conflict yet. But that said, I recognize that I may eventually run into that problem. I personally prefer to make the NICNT file though, as I feel it is nicer to work with, seeing the library and wallpaper in the list in Kontakt, rather than browsing for it manually (unless I'm misunderstanding something). That's just me.. well, it's not just me, but that is my personal preference :)

I'm sure it's a real bugger when you run into conflicting ids though. Hopefully I don't have that happen, but isn't it just as simple as finding and firing in a unique id to the xml+nicnt file? I mean, unless I've got hundreds of libraries (I don't, and likely won't ever), I'd think it would be easy to manage, if that's how it works. it's 3 digit hex, isn't it? So 4096 combos. I get how that could be a pain if you have hundreds of libraries though, but I wonder if the average person has that many.