Kontakt 5 freezes for up to 30 seconds to over a minute when closing

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by solo83, Jan 6, 2016.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Kontakt 5 loads up just fine and even loads instruments fine in FL Studio 11. The problem occurs when I close a Kontakt 5 window within my daw. It usually takes about 30 seconds to close, and sometimes as long as a minute or more. Any reasons or solutions?

3. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Nothing?

4. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Kind of a hard problem to diagnose. And it sounds like a computer issue since it's at the close-down stage. Try deleting and reinstalling if you haven't already.

5. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Tried that three times. Uninstalling Konatkt is beotch. You have to delete registry files to even be abloe to reinstall. The problem is most certaintly a bridge communication problem between FL Studio and Kontakt. Maybe even has something to do with C++ run time. Given that for some strange reason 32bit FL Studio opens 32bit kontakt in a browser window as if it's bridging the 64 bit version of kontakt. Which I know it's not since I did a clean uninstall and only reinstalled kontakt 5 32 bit. I'm guessing the problem lies within FL Studio bridging or a GUI memory problem.

6. mono

mono Audiosexual

you should try giving fl 12 a go is a great update :wink:

7. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

And adding to what momo said, to upgrade your PC a little bit and make sure you're running everything in 64 bits, thing you may already be doing but you didn't tell much.
    I use fl 12 with Kontakt in 64 and have no probs at all, and I don't have the greatest PC ever, so.

8. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Problem solved. You have to click on the settings options once you load kontakt then click "bridge." Kontakt closes with no problems. Apparently FL Studio wasn't bridging kontakt properly. I don't know the technical reasons behind why this works, but it does. I still might give FL 12 a go. Although it looks foreign. I'm so use to the previous layout that I don't want to give it up.