Kontakt 5 factory presets missing[Solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by athan_sg, Sep 18, 2012.

1. athan_sg

athan_sg Newbie

Hi,i don't see any of the factory presets in my kontakt 5.Not in the Source section,neither on instrument busses,nor on effects...Any suggestion?

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you need to download NI KOMPLETE the factory presets for kontakt5 are there included. or you mean the IR+effects presets which came with all versions?! (i have them here - they were included with blessed version 5.0.3)

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Athan_sg,

Would you mean that you don't see them now, but that they were eventually available before ?
    Or that you have updated a previous Kontakt version to this version 5, and that now you can't get these 'Factory Presets' anymore...

5. athan_sg

athan_sg Newbie

i mean the presets that come with all versions...i didn't see them from the first time i installed kontakt...although it works fine the same Pc version

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Athan_sg,

If you have done a 'regular' installation, I mean without changing the different 'paths' as those stipulated by the 'Installer', or that you don't have changed them afterward, they should be placed in the following path :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\presets

[​IMG]

Ooops ! I just noticed that you're rather a 'MAC OSX' user (> Software > Mac / hackintosh)

Sorry then, however try to find the equivalent within your 'MAC OSX'. You should certainly find all these stuff within 'Applications' --> 'Native Instruments'\... (or similar). Another solution could be to use the 'Finder' and type one of the following Presets names, and simply wait to see what happens...

[​IMG]

Hope it help ! :wink:

7. hildah

hildah Newbie

the path should be like:
    Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\presets

8. athan_sg

athan_sg Newbie

thanx for answering....my preset folder is empty....could someone,somehow,upload them??? i would be greatful

9. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Athan_sg,

Here you have :

http: //www.mediafire.com/?w1cstk5j9j9suax
    (simply copy this link in a single block within your Browser)

You'll find inside this '.rar' archive a folder named 'presets'. Simply place it as is in the right location, launch your 'Kontakt 5' engine, wait a few seconds if needed just the time that Kontakt registers this new addition within its 'Database'.
    Now, simply load one of your 'Instrument' ('.nki'), open it for edition, then add any filter, effect, convolution,... and scroll down its 'Presets' Menu just to check that these 'Factory Presets' are now present and ready to be used and voila ! *yes*

It misses 2 files within the 'Convolution' folder (inside the 'Effects' folder) which are :

- K4IR.nkc (20.8 KB)
    - K4IR.nkx (369 MB)

mainly due to the size of the 'K4IR.nkx' (369 MB !!!), but also because it was already present within the Version 4 of Kontakt. So, in case you already have it from a previous version, use this one because it doesn't has changed since the previous Version 4.
    Within this file ('K4IR.nkx') are in fact included the 'IRs' (Impulse Responses) that correspond to the 'Presets' included in the following folders :

- 01 Real Rooms
    - 02 Digital Reverbs
    - 03 Real Plate Reverbs

which are present within the 'Convolution' folder. I deliberately leave all these Presets within my upload, but as you can guess it, if you load one of these Presets, it will not find its corresponding IR ! *no*
    The rest of the Preset folders (04, 05, 06, 07,... ) included within the 'Convolution' folder have their corresponding IRs ('.wav' samples) inside their respective folders, so you'll get them working properly. *yes*

In case you can't to get or find these 2 missing files : 'K4IR.nkc' & 'K4IR.nkx', I could eventually upload them for you afterwards...

10. athan_sg

athan_sg Newbie

Studio 555, you're a god....thanxxxx pal

11. jazzlito

jazzlito Newbie

Hello to everybody.

I am a total beginner in this forum. I found it while looking around for a fix to the same contact problem mentioned in this thread.

"K4IR.nkx missing". I've looked all over the computer, no trace of them.

I tried using the link posted a few lines above by studio 555, with no success.

Can anybody be of help?

(I have mac os X 10.9.1 maverick)

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Sure but do you have the presets folder

13. jazzlito

jazzlito Newbie

I just checked the following path:

machintosh hd/library/application support/native instruments/

There's no Kontakt 5 folder in it..

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

User reported back Problem solved!!
    The problem was he installed the update for Kontakt 5 and not the full version on a first install!!!!

15. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

Could any one upload these presets please? Mine are missing I have the folders but all are empty?