Kontakt 5 factory Library questions

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Jessycd, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Hi there !

I'm facing a problem (AGAIIIN ? Yes again) with Kontakt 5. I already own official Komplete 8. I wanted to install Kontakt 5 cracked, I did so, but when I run it my official content is now in demo mode, I guess it's because my Kontakt software is cracked, but not the library ! Or is there a way to fix it ? Because I can't activate them ! It says "Activation OK" but stays in demo mode, and it was a mess blah blah blah...

Today I reinstalled my official Kontakt 5 (I lost all my Logic presets, hourra...)

But of course I can't use my cracked libraries, and I got quite a few !

So, I can't install properly the Kontakt 5 package (Software only) I found over the web because it works with Kontakt Player which I can't install, it told me "We found Kontakt 5 on your computer, so you can't install Player version, blah blah blah" I only install the update, I got an error message at the end but it still install the Audio Unit version (With official stuff as demo)

Is there a version of Kontakt cracked that doesn't work with Player ?

As I already got the Factory Library maybe I just need to replace few files to make it works ? In this case maybe someone can send them to me ?

I think that's all...

I would like to do the same thing I did with Kontakt 4, I got each of them, official + cracked install as stand alone, and only cracked as Audio Unit (But I keep the official component just in case I need to switch). It was very easy, I ran the cracked installer and everything went fine with official libraries, no demo stuff etc... But I don't know why it doesn't work the same way with Kontakt 5... Maybe because of that Player stuff ? I don't know...

If someone knows how to make it work, it would be very nice of you (Of course if you want me to share some stuff with you it would be my pleasure) :wink:

EDIT : I found still stuff but didn't work for me : "Native Instruments Kontakt5 Full Factory Library Activator."

3. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

I actually deleted every folder/file concerning Kontakt 5.

Now I'm able to install the Kontakt Player 5. BUT anyway (This is the "funny" part after all that mess) the problem wasn't here. The real problem is only because the K'd by team V.R installer can't go to the end because it can't be installed properly ! It says "There are been errors during installation. We suggest to install another time" (Of course it doesn't help at all) and below "The installation program just faced an error, the installation failed. Contact the editor to get help" (It's a translation) (And I'm sure the editor will dig it and help me out !)
    Or is there another team that did the job ?

Any suggestion ? (I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8) :bow:

4. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase guuuuys :( :beg: :beg:

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Jessycd,

My poor little Jessycd, I feel you're close to the nervous breakdown with Kontakt ! :excl:
    Well, we will try to find a solution...

First of all, I don't really understand your desire (or maybe it's a mandatory need ?) to install Kontakt Player ? ...for the single reason that if you install either the Full Legitimate Version or the Full Cracked Version of Kontakt (regardless of the version number), it's always better to have and work with the Full Version.
    Effectively, with a Full Version (either Legitimate or Cracked), you can edit and save all the available options included in Kontakt, that's not the case with the 'single' Kontakt Player.
    Even more, some 'new' Libraries require you a Full Kontakt engine rather than just the Kontakt Player.

Now to try to get the Libraries and their respective Kontakt engines to working properly, and as discussed a bit in your previous article, it seems to me that the best way (or choice) for you could be to separate your full Kontakt stuff in 2 parts. I know that's more easy to say that make... but we must to find a valid solution to your troubles ! *yes*
    As told, my suggestion will be to separate your Legitimate Kontakt stuff (Engine and Libraries) on one side and all your 'Cracked' Kontakt stuff (Engine and Libraries) in the other side.
    Each time you want to load and play a particular Library, you launch the corresponding Kontakt Engine : Legitimate Version for legal Libraries and Cracked Version for cracked Libraries.
    I really think that's the only choice and solution that you have in this moment, unless another more experienced Kontakt user can solve your problems in a better way, that's what I sincerely hope for you ! :hug:

The trouble that you may facing is that when you install both Legitimate and Cracked Versions of the Kontakt Engine (the Plugins themselves), within your DAW (I suppose you're using LOGIC, isn't ?) you will find only Kontakt.vst and/or Kontakt.au, but of course it don't indicate you which is the Legitimate and which is the Cracked Version... so if you install both versions, you'll end up with 2 identical versions (at least in their names) and here is the 'trouble'. You must now identify and remember which is the Legal version and which is the 'Cracked' one. This can help you next time you launch one of these as Plugin within your DAW. If the Legitimate Version is loaded in one of your Channel/Track, then use ONLY the Legitimate Libraries with it ! If is the 'Cracked' Version that you load, you can guess.... use ONLY the 'Cracked' Libraries !
    I ask you about LOGIC because with some DAWs you have the choice and the possibility to create different folders within your Plugins folder(s), this way you can separate even the same Plugin versions in various folders as desired (it's what I do sometimes with Cubase). This way, I can find myself with 2 or more identical versions (e.g. 2x Kontakt v5.02, 3x DigitalDelay,... ) but as I know in which folder is one version and in which folder is the other one... I can launch only the exact version needed.
    You just should to check if you can apply this last option within your DAWs and with MAC OSX (I'm mainly a PC user !). If it can work for you, you'll be saved ! You only need to separate your Legitimate stuff from your Cracked one and remember in which folder(s) are the different versions installed...

In my humble opinion, as long as you continue to 'mix' both Legitimate and Cracked stuff, you'll encounter endless problems... but maybe I'm wrong !

Keep me informed if something good and new happens to you concerning this 'little evil' of Kontakt !!! :rofl: :wink:

________________________________________________________​

Added afterwards :

As you're also talking about the version of VR Team and the troubles that you get with it, have you got tried to find an AiR or ASSiGN Versions ? These could certainly work better for you and at least permit you to complete the full installation properly. I know by experience that each time I used a Kontakt version done by one of these two Teams in the past (Versions 3.0, 3.5, 4.01, 4.1.0, 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.2.3,... ) it has worked very well for me and for long time (each time till the next update).

6. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Yeah I'm coming close to commit suicide that's true :rofl:

Nope lol but it's very frustrating, it was so easy with 4 :

1) I moved the Kontakt 4 folder from HD/Applications/Native Instruments and the Audio Unit (.component) (For the new installation doesn't delete them)

2) I installed the cracked stuff

3) Now I got one cracked, one official ! No problem at all ! My plug-in version is the cracked one (I still got the official if I need to switch, I can't run both at the same time) but as stand alone there's no prob, I can even run both at the same time ! This what I want to do with 5 !

The thing with the Player is because the only package I can find of Kontakt 5.0.2 is from Team V.R, and they provide the Kontakt 5 Player PLUS an update that cracks the player. I thought it wasn't working with my full Kontakt ! But the problem is the update itself...

I'm actually downloading a Kontakt 5.0.1 from AiR or Dynamics, so we'll see... But I'm afraid my existing projects won't load the saved presets because they were done on 5.0.2... (Maybe I would need to save them and reload them with the 5.0.1 version)

Anyway, thank you for your answer, all the interesting details and the time it took you :mates:

7. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Ok the Dynamics works fine !

The presets don't load, I have to switch with the previous version (I saved the files just in case), save the presets and reload them and that will be fine !

Woohoo after days of hard thinking/experimentations now every libraries work great !

Thank you Studio 555 :mates: