kontakt 5 factory library missing

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by destroyer, Sep 29, 2013.

1. destroyer

destroyer Newbie

recently i downloaded kontakt 5.2.1 and the factory library seems to missing in the library tab
    [​IMG]
    usually there would be a empty factory library box where i would put my unlicensed library samples in
    [​IMG]

all my other licensed libraries showed up,for example
    [​IMG]
    how do i add the kontakt factory box in the library tab?

3. oska

oska Noisemaker

Are you sure you downloaded the full factory library? It is quite huge. Check the download size and if yes, the library location has to be such that Kontakt can recognize it as the default library location.

4. destroyer

destroyer Newbie

No i didn't download the factory library,i didn't download it on the previous version of kontakt 5 either,on the previous version the factor library box was in the library tab but it was empty.I don't want the factory samples i just want the factory box so i can put my unlicensed samples in it..

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

You need to locate the nicnt file. There are several tutorials already posted on this forum to create your own as well.

6. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

+1 Silly Sausage

If you want the library with no samples, download full library, leave everything intact except delete the samples inside sample folder. You have to have at least a folder with a instruments folder, samples folder and a .nicnt file to make a library. So you could download the entire library and just leave those two folders and the .nicnt file in it and add it to the library.

What it boils down to is you need the .nicnt file like Sausage said. The .nicnt file is what makes it show up in the library tab. If you have no .nicnt file, you have nothing to load into kontakt library tab. Also, like sausage said, you can create your own .nicnt file to add your own custom library to kontakt, instead of just dragging samples to Factory library.

A kontakt library must have a folder structure like this.

\Name of Sample Library\ <-----Main Folder
    " \Instruments\ <----Instruments sub folder that contains .nki instrument files inside main folder
    " \Samples\ <----Samples sub folder that contains .wav, .aiff, or .ncw sample files inside main folder
    .nicnt <---- .nicnt file inside main folder

Once you have a folder structure like that you can add it to library tab. To create your own .nicnt file to make your own custom library you can look on Audiosex forum to find a tutorial.

Good luck! Tracer made a library tool that is pretty cool for making libraries, you should try and search for that on Audiosex!

7. destroyer

destroyer Newbie

thanks guys ima check that out..well,i found the factory .nicnt file on google,i downloaded it and it worked..i want to change the name and the wallpaper for kontakt factory if thats possible.

8. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

yes, keep in mind the wallpaper is embedded inside the nicnt file.