Kontakt 5 error: this Patch is Encrypted and Cannot be Loaded unless the respective library is regis

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by siva115, Jan 13, 2014.

1. siva115

siva115 Newbie

Hello, I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been answered-- but after scouring the forums several times I can't get anything to work. I have a cracked version of kontakt 5.03, and with certain libraries I get the error "The patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded" when I try to load it into either the library or quickload..
    Help? Running osx 10.8.3 and/or 10.6.8 neither are maverick

SAiNT: In this topic we'll discuss Solutions to these Kontakt errors:
    This patch was generated by a newer version of the application. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch.

This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly.

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Hello siva115 and Welcome to audiosex, What is stopping you from uprading to Kontakt 5.3.0. Alot of these libraries problem would be solved.
    Just a hint!!! Cheers

4. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

Hi Introninja

Firstly, thanks for all your posts and help on this subject.. Much appreciated indeed!

You can still get that msg with 5.3....(On a Mac at least)

I think the problem occurs when you accidentally get/use a duplicate lib2 number... by loading in a library with the same dup lib2 number as another... and then getting rid of it is a real pain because the original lib entry with that same lib2 number doesn't show up anywhere.. not even under the content.plist.....

Any thoughts on how to resolve this on Macs?

5. siva115

siva115 Newbie

The only thing stopping me is that I have a lot of time sensitive projects I'm working on and I'm scared of any potential complications of uninstalling and reinstalling a different version. If I'm definitely going to be able to use any libraries I find with Kontakt 5.3 then tht would be a worthwhile investment, but the post above seems to indicate that it might not be that simple.

Let me know, and thanks for your time!

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Did you try removing and re-adding the lib to library tab? It used to work in 4.2.3 .
    No probs with 5.0.3 on Win. :thumbsup:

7. siva115

siva115 Newbie

This happens when I try to add the library-- it's not like the library is on the tab and then I get the error message-- I can't even get to that step :)

8. toshfox

toshfox Noisemaker

Hi siva115

usually we have this message for two reasons :
    - the library has to be added in kontakt first ( i guess u tried it already, the tab " add library"
    - the library was converted for kontakt ( example : the ewql libs using kompakt) and it requieres to install the setup ( with serial key)

About different version of kontakt,
    a problem appears if u use a kontakt older than a library made for a recent kontakt ( we get a message saying that)
    or if u used kontakt4 in your project, and try with kontakt5 ( the project doesn't find kontakt)
    it's not your case right ?
    u shouldn't have problem if u upgrade your kontakt

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I don't have a MAC but alot of users with MAC volunteer and we caused Kontakt 5 alot of Headaches but i will share what i have learn(I will try to keep it short & sweet no guarantees lol)
    This may take a bit lol

10. retroboy

retroboy Producer

I was having a similar problem recently running unlocked 5.0.3 on Mac 10.7
    I had trouble trying to upgrade to 5.3 but finally found that the best way was to start with unlocked 5.0.3 and then just download the 5.3 Fix/update files and just swap them all over.

My libraries just had to be re-added and it all works fine now so maybe upgrading to 5.3 is the way to go. (you can keep the 5.0.3 VST/AU/ Component on desktop and easily take it back down to 5.0.3 if any problems

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Let's Review

.plist files Causes Most issues on Macs the same like the PC registry does. Let's Review From Users Experiences:
    ==================================================================================

Question:
    One of my KONTAKT Libraries keeps disappearing from the Library tab
    In some special cases, KONTAKT libraries may disappear from the Library tab after restarting KONTAKT. To resolve this issue follow the steps below:

Answer:

Navigate to the following folder:
    Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
    Windows: C:\ > Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center

Delete the "Productname.xml" file belonging to the KONTAKT library, which disappears from the Library tab.
    Launch KONTAKT 5 and add the library again to the Library tab.
    ==============================================================================

Q: When I add a Library or try to use Quick load i get:
    "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly"

A: Delete the following Locations, These are the locations Kontakt 5 has On a MAC!!!!

- Users/Name/Library/Saved Application State/com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.savedState
    Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
    Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist
    Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences >com.native-instruments.Content.plist
    Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
    Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist
    /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center

B.
    Remove the xml files of the k'd libs you want to use from
    and trash the Service Center plist, Kontakt 5 plist and all other plists related to items you want to see gone from the Service Center.
    If that doesn't work, you might have to trash the Service Center folder mentioned above, trash
    the Service Center app and its plist, and all plists related to stuff you want to see removed from
    the Service Center. reinstall Kontakt 5 with a fix Full Version

C.
    Download an app like EasyFind and use it to search your disk for terms like 'Big Fish', 'BigFish', or 'London'(the name of the library).
    It might turn up something.
    You could also go hunting in the various Cache folders, or in Application Support, or in Preferences,
    or in Application, or in Plugins for leftovers.
    /Library/Application Support/
    ~/Library/Application Support/
    /Library/Preferences/
    ~/Library/Preferences/
    /Library/Caches/
    /System/Library/Caches/
    ~/Library/Caches/
    ===========================================================================

Repairing User Permissions in OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, and Beyond

You’ll need to reboot to perform this, and then use the same resetpassword utility that is used to change passwords in Lion, but instead choosing a hidden option.
    When you use the Disk Utility app and Repair Permissions — it doesn’t actually repair the permission settings on folders and files in your Home folder where your documents and personal applications reside.
    In the newest versions of OS X, there is an additional Repair Permissions application utility hidden away. This tool is located inside boot Repair Utilities. Here’s how to access it.

Restart OS X and hold down the Command and R keys.
    You will boot into the Repair Utilities screen. On top, in the Menu Bar click the Utilities item then select Terminal.

In the Terminal window, type “resetpassword” (without the quotes) and hit Return.

The Password reset utility launches, but you’re not going to reset the password. Instead, click on the icon for your Mac’s hard drive at the top. From the drop-down below it, select the user account where you are having issues.

At the bottom of the window, you’ll see an area labeled ‘Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs’. Click the Reset button there.

The reset process takes a couple of minutes. When it’s done, quit the programs you’ve opened and restart your Mac. Notice that ‘Spotlight’ starts re-indexing immediately.

Great tip, thanks for sending this in Tony R!

Update: This works in OS X 10.7 Lion, and 10.8 Mountain Lion, and newer.

You can check and repair access permissions on your Mac OS hard drives with the Disk Utility which is pre-installed on every Mac OS X system.

Open the Disk Utility from the following directory: Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Select your system boot volume on the left. Then open the First Aid tab on the right and click the button Repair Disk Permissions

If you are running Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) it is necessary to restart your computer after deleting the above-mentioned files to make the changes permanent.

Note: On newer Mac OS computers where 10.7 (Lion) or a later version is installed, the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on the task bar entry Go and press down the Alt key. The Library entry will become visible in the drop-down menu and can now be selected.
    ================================================================================
    Hey Guys,
    I have some info that might be useful...
    I had been working on a Macbook Pro 2008 and had all my Kontakt libraries working well. They are installed on an external FW Disc.
    1 week ago or so, I got a new Macbook Pro 2011 with Lion-pre installed.
    I tried to use Kontakt (32bit), but it showed the problem in question: it didn't recall my Libraries after quitting.
    After 1 full day of trying different stuff with no luck, I started comparing files between my Old Macbook Pro and the new one.
    I ended up taking all the Kontakt preferences (com.native-instruments. BLAH BLAH) from Library/Preferences on my old Macbook Pro and putting them into the new one, replacing the ones that were already there.
    Voila! Now it's working fine.
    So now you know the problem resides on the preferences at Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences.
    Hope this will help, it was driving me nuts.
    =============================================================================
    Well it's definitely something to do with security permissions between Kontakt and OSX (both SL and Lion).
    If I manually edit the file "com.native-instruments.Content.plist" and add in strings for each library and save it manually - miraculously the library now appears - although it still doesn't register where the content is and I have to manually find it each time. I guess there is another file that needs to be modified too that will point to the library content. I also have to enter my password each time to allow OSX to overwrite the existing file but at least we seem to be pinpointing the issue

Thanks to all the users with tips & Support Hopefully this can make MAC Users Sleep at night :hug:
    Maybe I should create a new Thread LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Yeah. This should be in a thread with a clear "MAC info" title. Maybe even another sticky?
    Good work Introninja :wink:

13. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

Yes.. Thank you Introninja,

As always, amazing work... and much appreciated!

14. kfay

kfay Newbie

I guess my problem is that I don't have any .plist files from a previous Kontakt or libraries...so how do I manually edit them?

15. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

my question to you:
    which library is it

16. laska2k4

laska2k4 Newbie

I need help to load Nostalgia on kontakt 5.3 (Mac), this is what I've done so far:

- add library, it's ok I can load the instruments, but the library disappear closing the app.
    - created a nicnt, added the library but the instruments are encrypted.

thanks

17. laska2k4

laska2k4 Newbie

I solved the problem, I followed all the instructions in this thread
    - http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/9069-how-to-make-old-kontakt-libraries-nks-permanently-visible-mac/
    Initially nothing appeared in the list, so I added manually my library, now it remains in the list permanently.

18. gbooker61

gbooker61 Newbie

I had the same issue with the Cinebrass Pro sample library released by Cinesamples. I tried several things such as changing the (.nicnt license file), removing the .plist file (on a Mac) but came up empty. I am currently using a "cracked" version of Kontakt version 5.3 and there are no problems with the other sample libraries I have installed. The Cinebrass Pro samples were probably affected when I recently installed a purchased Native Instruments library (Hardcore Bass) and activated it through the NI Service Center widget. I say this because the Cinebrass Pro library worked just fine prior to the installation of the purchased sample library. But what finally worked for me is this. I always keep a back-up folder for all my sample libraries on a separate USB hard drive. This is what I did:

• I deleted the encrypted Cinesamples library from my Mac and my Kontakt 5 stand-alone application
    • I copied the "back up copy" from my archive disk to my music samples folder on my Mac and inserted a tweaked .nicnt license file to the sample library's folder (check youtube for instructions on how to tweak the .nicnt file, its simple.)
    • I restarted my Kontakt 5 application and added the Cinebrass Pro library. The library loaded as usual and I was able to open each instrument patch with no further issues.

This may or may not work for you but if you have the original sample library archived someplace, dust it off, reinstall it and that will be the end of the error messages.

Cheers!

19. soundprinciple88

soundprinciple88 Newbie

Hey! I've done most of the things off this thread i.e. deleting .plist, and .xml --- but when I load Cinebrass Core into my Kontatk 5.4.1 (withing logic) it shows up as a library tab in Kontakt but instead of "instruments" it says "browse" and when I load an instrument I get the "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly. " message... what should I do im out of options lol very new to this...:)

Thanks!

P.

20. Lincoln

Lincoln Newbie

Some things I have learned: After hours of troubleshooting,deleting .xml and .plist files, making sure the .nicnt files are correct, etc. I still would get the "this patch is encrypted" error. (this only happened on libraries I added after installing a cracked Kontakt alongside a legit Kontakt, both V5.4) I removed the resource container files (the .nkc and .nkr files) that I found outside the samples folder of several libraries (I believe most of the time they are in the samples folder of the library.) This got the library to activate, but messed up the GUI interface of the libraries. I put the files back and the interfaces worked and I no longer got the "encrypted" error.

Side note- If the resource container files are in the samples folder, I believe that there is only one .nkr file for a library, but there are many .nkc files. In my experience the one that is the resource container looks different, is placed at the beginning, end, or next to the .nkr, or is named slightly differently (example- you may see files in an alternating order- .nkc .nkx .nkc .nkx and then at the end it may be .nkc .nkr and those last two are the files i removed. I have also seen them named resource container.nkc and resource container.nkr as well as "library name"_info.nkc and "library name"_info.nkr

Wallpapers:I have had trouble figuring out where to put the wallpaper .png. Putting it in the main folder did not work until I simply renamed it "wallpaper.png" then I guess it was recognized and Kontakt used it.

I am new at this. I hope none of this is misleading, but I assure you it worked for me! Correct me if any of this is incorrect!

All this was done on a Mac