Kontakt 5 Crash Error! Please Help!

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Sammy Mishra, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Hey Guys!
    I've been using Kontakt since a couple of months but yesterday it started crashing
    I use Ableton and when I load up kontakt and as soon as I close the kontakt window, Ableton freezes and crashes, there's no such error in standalone mode and also the loading wheel under the files tab is stuck on loading (both in standalone and when running n ableton) :(
    I've googled all over but haven't found a solution to this, I also tried installing oler versions of kontakt, still the problem persists , I've also made a clean install tooo, but none of them were of help!
    Would highly appreciate your help!
    Thank you!

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

The problem is Ableton,not Kontakt.Live crashes a lot,even with other plugins.Do you have the last Live ( 9.6.2 on sister site ) & Kontakt (5.5.2) versions?

4. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

If you have installed the latest update, and now you're in trouble, return to the previous. It may also be a problem on a hard drive where you have installed your libraries. If this hard drive has a problem, it could be that will be the reason for the crash. The best version of Kontakt
    it's the 5.5.2.880. It never ask after a serial number this one. Best mate :wink:

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

hmmm, I've never had a problem with Ableton and Kontakt in over a decade....(I'm on OSX, what are you on?),

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try removing the last library you installed.
    Make sure to delete the .xml from Service Center directory and the .plist or registry key depending on your OS.

7. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Yes I'm using Ableton Live 9.6.2, I have Cubase too, and it also faces the same problem , that is when I try to close the Kontakt window , Cubase freezes and crashes, I'm using kontakt 5.5.2 ,I tried going to previous versions too and also tried uninstalling and installing it again , still, the problem persists :(

8. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

No I didn't recently installed it , I have been using kontat 5.5.2 from a few moths but this problem started yesterday , I tried going to previous versions too and also tried uninstalling and installing it again , still, the problem persists :(

9. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

I'm on Windows 10 64bit

10. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

I'm on Windows 10, can you please guide me the steps for deleting the files you mentioned?

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Delete the .xml for the library located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center.
    Run regedit and navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments and find the name of your library.
    It'll be on the left side with a folder icon
    Right-click on the library name and delete.

If it's an older library look for \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content.
    Left-click once on Content and on the right side look for the library name. Right-click on the k2lib entry for your library and delete.

I'm curious. What library are you deleting?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I'm on W 7 x64 and have a lot of bugs too with Live 9.6.2 !

13. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Change your DAW. Why not? I don't like Ableton. I've tried but it's not for me. You can try Pro Tools | First. It's free and it's a power tolls.

http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/

14. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

hmm, sorry I can't be much help here, I am on osx, running Kontakt 5.5.2, and Ableton 9.6.1 (didn't feel need to upgrade to 9.6.2), and I have never experienced a Kontakt related crash.... I would like to hear what happens after you try Pinkmans ideas though...

15. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Thank you for the suggestion, but this didn't work out too! :(

16. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Thank you but the problem is with Kontakt I guess as I tried opening kontakt on Cubase and Reaper but as soon as I try closing the window of Kontakt , the DAWs freeze and crash :(

17. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

That method didn't work out too :(

18. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Run Ableton as Administrator and see if the problem still persists.

19. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Thank you, but I've already tried it, I face the same problem in Cubase and Reaper too, I've also reinstalled Kontakt, still didn't find any solution

20. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try going to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\Db and deleting the files located there.
    See if it stops the stuck loading wheel.
    If it does
    Click Files > View
    Disable 'show network drives'
    Disable 'show removable drives'
    Disable 'show foreign formats'
    Do this in standalone.
    Close Kontakt. Close DAW if open. Launch DAW. Load Kontakt.

If you're on a laptop and are using a wireless/USB mouse disable your touchpad or unplug the mouse, meaning use only one input device.

Disable Multiprocessor support or lower the number of cores if it's enabled. Enable it if its disabled.
    Do this for the Kontakt plugin, NOT for standalone.

21. Sammy Mishra

Sammy Mishra Newbie

Thank you
    Thank you for your response! But deleting those files still doesn't solve the loading problem, therefore can't try the next steps