Kontakt 5 absolutely refuses to cooperate with my Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by msdbaf, Jul 12, 2021.

1. msdbaf

msdbaf Newbie

You would laugh if you saw my "Downloads" folder — everything in there is just a different version of the Kontakt 5 cracked releases. Please help me... I once had a cracked Kontakt 5 that was working fine but I have not been able to get it to work on my new laptop and therefore can't do very much with so many of my old projects.

I am on MacOS Catalina. Can Catalina even run Kontakt 5? Every time I try to install Kontakt 5 using an installer, the installation fails (for pretty much every single version). I've also tried just copying the K'd files over to the appropriate folders, but that doesn't work either.

I was really hesitant to make a thread about this because I imagine people make these kinds of threads all the time, but I really feel I've exhausted every possible avenue. Please help me out :(

3. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Most of the 6+ include a 5.6.
    Get pacifist and open the installer with it. Inside you will see the individual installers for each plugin and standalone. Right click and choose "install in default location".

You may have to do the deep sign terminal command afterwards to get the standalone to work.

4. msdbaf

msdbaf Newbie

Thank you so much!!! I can't begin to explain how thankful I am — kinda crazy that this information isn't more readily available (though in case this thread serves such a purpose for others, I'm going to go ahead and list out everything I did).

I did indeed find a copy of Kontakt 6.2.1 K'd which came with an installer (which I installed from within Pacifist using your instructions) as well as its own copy of Kontakt 5, which was easily moved over to /Applications and worked pretty decently from there onwards (it does crash a bunch, but beggars can't be choosers). I did the deep sign terminal command for both Kontakt applications after I was done.

Thanks again for your help!

5. committa

committa Newbie

Hi guys! I'm following this instructions but I don't know what you mean with the deep sign terminal command, could you please help me with that? Thank you!

6. committa

committa Newbie

Also, after installing both versions of cracked Kontakt using Pacifist, do I also have to replace the .vst, .component and app files with the cracked ones? Thank you

7. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

If Kontakt 5 isn't working for you, you can try KiTTY's Kontakt Library Scripts. You can find them on the "sister site".

8. committa

committa Newbie

I was able to make it work in my old Mac using KiTTY’s thing but only with the vst version of Kontakt( I work with ProTools so I needed to run Metaplugin for that but even if it wasn’t the most convenient thing it was enough)
    Now, in my new Mac (MacOS Catalina) I can’t open the vst using Metaplugin so I’m trying to follow this other method.
    This is being a nightmare guys, I’m trying to pay attention to every single details but it’s evident I’m missing something so If you could give me more clues (about either the installation with Pacifist or the use of KiTTY’s scripts with Kontakt for ProTools) I will be eternally grateful!!!!

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

you must change security settings to be able installing unsigned packeges and using apps from any developers.

10. committa

committa Newbie

Ok thank you guys! I was not finding the right way to run the command in Terminal but finally I have my K'd Kontakt installed
    This is such a relief... Thank you so much!!!