Kontakt 5.7 is bullshit

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by not sure, Oct 19, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

1- I hate Kontakt and samples.
    2- Sound creation is more easier and fun than exploring among samples.
    3- The sounds I need are not available much in packs.
    4- I want to learn how to make sounds.
    5- ....
    After working with sounds for a long time, you'd see the sounds that you're setting off in search of them are not on tap so you're obliged to make them by yourself.

I also appreciate for not being rude to me this time.:bleh::bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
  2. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

@not sure why not inform the support or the people in NI Forum about this issue? but instead come here and complain, were nobody can do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever try to get support from Native Instruments? When I bought the Maschine Jam, it wouldn't work on my MAC (only on PC), so I contacted them for a solution, as there was none on their FAQ and Forum. They replied me 17 days later. In the meanwhile I had solve it myself, by reinstalling the OSX. They apologized for the delay in replying, due to too many support tickets. But their products are really good, so I am not upset with them. :mates:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Same experience with NI support here (Ableton as well).

From the point of view of a former programmer:
    NIs apology should read correctly: "we're sorry, we've got not enough support agents".
    On the other hand one could ask: Is a software really good enough, that binds so much support capacity?

KONTAKT is a bit like windows. Directly after installation it works quite nicely, but when you use it a lot it starts to crumble more and more.

The problem is, that NI loads more and more functionality on top of an outdated kernel. It would be better to build it new from the ground up. ATM it's a mess. Just imagine how many places they use to store information about the state of KONTAKT and its Libs (Registry (twice), Common files (at least twice)...) and they all run out of sync after a while. This results in unpredictable problems which - after a while - can only be solved by OS and Software reinstall. Quite the same as DLL hell in Windows.

4. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Can anyone explain how to run Kontakt 5.7 and 5.6.6 together. How do you install the portable version