Kontakt 5.7 is bullshit

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by not sure, Oct 19, 2017.

1. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

None of my libraries that are not NI products show up.
    I put their serials in Native Access and it says they were successfully installed but still, nada.
    Mainly Output libs like REV and Exhale.
    WTF?

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I think they (NI) sell the functionality of showing Libs up in the Libs browser. NI doesn't want Libs to be shown, for that the developer didn't pay them the Lib Browser extra charge. So I suspect, this behavior is willfull by NI and they won't show Libs without an original .nicnt file.

For other Libs with original .nicnt that don't show up, the problem may be, that we used the SNPID for other non-original .nicnt in the past.

There have been a lot of problems with those duplicated SNPIDs in the past and the newer versions of Kontakt may just enforce their policy more strictly to show only original .ncint files.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Really happy for that. I wish NI never existed with their Kontakt toy, because I'm against bulky samplers.:bleh:

5. emmapeel

emmapeel Member

NO. Everything is fine. Win 7 64.

6. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

What do you mean by original exactly?
    The plugs I'm using are legit and paid for.

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

What does NI support say?
    They should be aware of the issue by now.

8. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

Been waiting 3 days for a reply.
    I've got all of the Output products, but I've only been able to get Analog Strings and Signal to show up in Kontakt

9. Blazin

Blazin Producer

I think that...........................................Kontakt sucks. I have like 2 TB of libraries and by the time I find 1 or 2 sounds I like it has literally stolen all my creativity out of me because the interface sucks so bad. Hence why I don't use it much.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

Hahaha, I found out what the problem was...
    12.png

For some reason the libraries were automatically turned invisible after installing... just check the box and gg.

5.7 is still bullshit though

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

I don't like your attitude. Kontakt is a result of years of hard work and is a standard for samples library. If you have a problem and don't know how to use it doesn't mean it's a bullshit. You're showing ignorance and better show some respect.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

Or what kid

btw, I said 5.7 is bullshit, not Kontakt. l2r

13. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

Learn to be polite

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

trolling again?
    Kontakt is one of the best samplers around, plug in a sample and you can easily step into an other world with it. intuitive took me 2 days to get what i wanted out of it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

it is because people's minds are ruined easy one knob interfaces, nobody of the new generation is ready to read a few pages of the manual.

the hide library could be a bug, if you ever programmed before you would have an understanding how complex the code could get and how easy an error can slip in.

@not sure why not inform the support or the people in NI Forum about this issue? but instead come here and complain, were nobody can do anything about it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

I'm quite familiar with coding as I work in the game dev industry.
    Anyway, I came here looking for a solution and posted it when I found one.
    It wasn't just about complaining.

17. foster911

foster911 Guest

Why do some people think when you're saying your personal opinions about sth, you're trolling?:bleh: Please don't get affected by some members. I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to find my voice.:mates:

I want to create every sound by myself. Creativity in sound generation is half of the process of making songs, music, etc. When you're relying on some provided sounds by some other ones, you're killing that part of your creative process. Using some rare sounds don't have much problem but when your channels and tracks are full of those previously made ones, you shouldn't have much more expectation that you can make originality by adding just small amount of FXs.:yes::bow:

PS:
    For example suppose Baali Soda (isn't here to see this:bleh:) creates the best music of his life using 80s' sounds and subsequently styles, at the end people would say: "a great 80s' attempt. Cheers". I don't want to happen at least for me.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
  18. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah but on the flip side "im not actually an avid kntkt user btw"
    I certainly dont mean to seem ignorant to the potential choices amongst software samplers...But what else is there , other than a harware replacement!..

I get it...Ive got gripes wth it too believe me...
    Just as yet i see no other software platform that comes close....
    Do tell if ive overlooked somethn though......
    Kntkt 5,7 is fine my end...It was the later version tht actually gave me problems..

19. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Impossible. As soon as you hit a real piano key or strum a guitar, you're using a tool that was made by someone else. The only truly own-made sounds without any tool would be made by your body. You could fart for instance, record yourself grinding your teeth when you write your Audiosex posts, or clap your hands, use your voice, record your burps after you finish your milk - these are the only possible truly original sounds you can make. Do you see?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. foster911

foster911 Guest

I omitted one word. The sounds that I need. For my flow, I don't need much more naturally recorded sounds or by other processes. All I need are inside my DAW.:wink:

21. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Good grief! Why? We exist in a time when we, as musicians, have access to everything from ultra realistic orchestral sounds to rusty doors to rocks being scraped against wood. Thanks to the vast number of libraries available to Kontakt users you can combine and alter an array of timbres and create something unique very easily.