Kontakt 5.7.1 Portable vs 5.6.8 - Problems, Disadvantages?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Mad5678, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mad5678

Mad5678 Newbie

Hello Guys!
    I first tried out the 5.6.8 with cubase 5, it didnt work, spend lots of hours checking versions of the dll files and (re)installed this 5.6.8 and older ones, but in cubase everytime was only 5.2.x installed (i think a very old version that comes with some NI product..). So no single library work because of too old .dlls. makes sense. So i tried out the 5.7.1 portable, it works after i played with the .dll paths, i can load and play libraries. I loaded only 2 instruments in the kontakt rack and then there was memory problem (but it cant be ram or hd, there are several gb free, so dont know what it is, perhaps an internal cubase cache /memory?. draging new racks into the kontakt often produces heavy crashes, about 6-8 different error messages, leading to total crash, task manager couldnt quit cubase any more.
    But sometimes it works. strange. So is this 5.7.1 a known very unstable version or works it fine up to you? or should i try again that 5.6.8 works? what is actuall recomendation? in the audiowarez description there was a message that we shouldnt use cracked versions any more but i dont know if this 5.6.8 is one of this, because it is called SYMLINK.
    who can write something, every hint will help me.
    Or is this a problem with cubase 5 and a newer one, cubase 9.5 (original i would buy), will fix crashes?
    thanks so much!
    Mad

3. Mad5678

Mad5678 Newbie

I bought now Cubase 9.5.1 original and everything works with Kontakt 5.7.1 portable :) i can load this as a vst instrument, lots of instrances and i can use all at same time, saving projects saves all the changes in kontakt too. nice :) but some (few) libraries dont work, cant find library it says, but i will check if there is another issue.

4. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I think the problem is not Kontakt. You should leave the Cubase 5 as it doesn't work well with the new stuff anymore.

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

6. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

After reading the above thread I have just tried no install kontakt 5.7 and portable 5.7.as stand alones and vsti's. As mentioned above, both tried to connect to somewhere, however after blocking both versions they continued to function normally as stand alones and in reaper with no crashes. Nevertheless a bit worrying that this has to be done. I will carry on using them as the portable particularly is brill with its add library stuff and my real studio pc has no internet connection anyway.