Kontakt 5.6.8 R2R - did I imagine it?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Bunford, Jun 3, 2017.

1. william potanton

william potanton Newbie

yeah it was not a blur.........i was there it works well with a little reset on el captain but..it not reading everything but most of is cool...naive is trying to step up there game but i don't see it

2. william potanton

william potanton Newbie

yeah it works ......and it was posted .....and then there was none

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Check the comments in the Thrill Kontakt library at sisters. There's a working link and I can confirm it's working in Logic Sierra as standalone and AU. Reset permissions on standalone.... run standalone... Then run terminal command for plugins from inside components folder. You may need to rescan Kontakt, but it will work.

4. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

You can't "Add Library" with the Digital Machine release (per their statement... (because they probably don't know what they're doing), so it doesn't work on the new releases.
    Here's their "Installation Instructions":

• Native Instruments Kontakt5 v.5.6.8 (R25)-Standalone,AU,VST- unlocked/'k -digitalmachine

Installation:

- Download and install update from Native Access.
      - Replace with ked files.
      - Enjoy!

Notes:
      As you should know this version links "Add/Activate Library" buttons to launch NA. So libraries with RAS2 protection will no longer be added as they used to. You have two options, add them manually or keep previous version to do the job. Well you have a third option, go completely legit!

Support the good developer if you like what you use!!

--- digitalmachine ---

I tried it on a back-up (slave) computer just to test it first. It claims to work if you make modifications but the release doesn't say anything other than to "manually add the libraries or keep previous version to do the job"... which doesn't work on the new releases which is why we need it in the first place!!!!!

So I will re-install v5.6.6 and wait for the "proper" release..

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Yeah, the digitalmachine release seemed like it was a little hinky. 5.6.6 works just fine here ... hopefully, there'll be a more stable release before any great new libraries come out that won't run on 5.6.6.

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

It's more like Native Instruments doesn't know what they're doing because these issues extend from their badly implemented update concept. Legit customers are having to resort to the same type of workarounds (adding libraries via 5.6.6 to use in 5.6.8, etc.) or are forced to re-download tens or hundreds of gigs of library material just so it will add them properly.

Waiting for a "proper" release will likely depend on NI fixing it first, although in truth I trust AS, AZ, and R2R tech support way more than NI.

7. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I downgraded to 5.6.6 after the "add library" fiasco of 5.6.8. If the new library implementation remains, I fear 5.6.6 will be my last version of Kontakt.

8. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

[​IMG]
    I needz my Kontakt Library FIX !!! HAha I hope they find a fix , Im in the same boat

9. Yeah. Nelson Mandela.

10. Blazin

Blazin Producer

im enjoying 5.6.8 just fine on my pc from the symlink installer. i just use 5.6.6 kontakt.exe to load libaries then 5.6.8 in daw

11. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I am doing the same.I was going to stick with 5.6.6 but wanted to try spitfire masse so needed to use 5.6.8. Glad I did ! installation was just as easy as upgrading to 5.6.6 was (by putting 5.6.8 dlls and exe next to 5.6.6 ones) just change the name of old 5.6.6 ones to something new and load libs in that one

12. DKB

DKB Producer

The way to add library's manually in mac OS X is to create a plist file that goes in preferences folder with plist editor pro . Once you've done that and then start kontakt your library should be at the top of the player tab . If it's not you've made a mistake making the file . I have no problems adding libraries this way .
    The other option is to keep a copy of just the kontakt 5.6.6 app in its own folder and add your library in that and it should appear in 5.6.8 .

13. St0rMl0rD

St0rMl0rD Newbie

What do you enter for HU and JDX values though?

14. St0rMl0rD

St0rMl0rD Newbie

Just tried it, and it doesn't work - the library doesn't appear.

15. St0rMl0rD

St0rMl0rD Newbie

Alright, got it to work by using a custom ninct file, but only on one computer. I tried many things, including copying Kontakt executable file, its preferences, and other, from working machine to the other, none of it worked. The same process worked on one computer, but not on the other. Any ideas how I can transfer the komplete Kontakt including its database onto another computer?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  16. St0rMl0rD

St0rMl0rD Newbie

I found the solution for my issue. Here you go, a tutorial:

HOW TO USE A LEGIT (PURCHASED) LIBRARY IN AN UNLOCKED KONTAKT

I decided to write this tutorial after I’ve spent quite some time trying to get my legit library to coexist in peace with my other (unlocked) libraries. The specific library I have purchased requires Kontakt 5.6.8 or later, so that was one of the issues I had to overcome. I found a solution, that works.

1. Download and NI Kontakt Free Player
    2. Download and install NI Access
    3. Register and add your legit library to Kontakt Free Player via NI Access
    4. Install NI Kontakt Full (unlocked) 5.6.5
    5. Use only the AU plugin (or VST if you’re on Windows) to use with your DAW - don’t overwrite the standalone Kontakt 5.6.5
    6. Use the Kontakt 5.6.5 standalone to add unlocked libraries (even if they require 5.6.8 - they’ll be added, they just won’t show up in the standalone app)
    7. Use Kontakt 5.6.8 plugin in your DAW to use your legit and unlocked libraries

Good luck!