Kontakt 5.6.6 Mojave

Discussion in 'Software' started by notsoloud, Feb 17, 2019.

1. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

I know what you're thinking, "oh please not again!" but please be patient. I've guided a lot of members through this process in the past and now I need help.
    Suddenly my 5.6.6 is crashing. It was working yesterday morning as I added the new Tina Guo library, but crashed when attempting to load Ark 4.
    I have the original installers and did a clean install, even disabling SIP. Replaced the Standalone with permissions reset and it won't launch.
    Kontakt 6 is working fine, but not having the option to add future libraries is a drawback.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Yours sincerely,
    notsoloud (not to be confused with tooloud)

3. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

Why don't you update to Kontakt 6 ?

4. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

I have Kontakt 6. But I need the earlier version in order to add libraries.

5. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

Thanks to our friendly comrades in Russia I found version 5.6.0 and it has solved the problem. But leaves me baffled about 5.6.6.

6. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

i was about to tell you... I use 5.6.0 without any trouble.

Happy Music !

7. Dkeymagic

Dkeymagic Newbie

Hi everyone :winker:
    Remove temporarily xml files of recents Kontakt banks of your Service Center folder (Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/) and try to relaunch Kontakt 5.6.6. When desired library added, put your xml files back in place. It works for me on Sierra, and may work on Mojave too. Worth a try...

8. fritzm

fritzm Producer

5.6.6 works fine for me in Mojave, probably a corrupt preference or xml file.

9. soundmercs

soundmercs Newbie

Hey, I am using Mojave currently, I have legit Komplete 10, I am about remove my legit kontakt. What version do you recommend I should start with and install that will be stable? (Also any tips on removing legit kontakt clean from my system so i can use the cracked?)

I need to use some cracked libraries like exhale and 808 warfare but I don't know which version would be stable. Could you please help?