Kontakt 5.6.6 - can't add libraries permanently (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by wallyanon15, Aug 3, 2017.

1. wallyanon15

wallyanon15 Newbie

I'm new to all this stuff so forgive my ignorance, but I've been fighting with a problem with my cracked version of Kontakt 5.6.6. I can add a library and use it just fine, but when I exit Kontakt all my libraries disappear.

I'm fairly certain I followed the instructions of the pinned "Mac issues" post correctly. In fact, when I went to check HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center there were no XMLs for any of the libraries I added.

For example, I'm trying to add CineStrings CORE. Adding it works properly until I restart it. Relevant .plist files are being created according to a quick EasyFind search, but no XML.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? Apologies if this was brought up before, but couldn't find anything quite relevant to this issue. Thanks for your time.

3. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

4. wallyanon15

wallyanon15 Newbie

5. PTuser

PTuser Newbie

Hi - Im running Kontakt V 5.6.6 in Sierra (Mac). Having this issue with some libs not retaining in memory on restart. Ive looked at the info on here. I can get certain libraries to retain. I have the old xmls from my older OS version and if I drop them into service center, most of them then come back on restart. Some libs just don't want to know....I've tried modifying SNPID numbers. Checking the content.plist (the libs that are missing are not in there). Tried creating my own xml from the sc3 temp file and manually adding it to Service Center. All to no avail - getting very frustrated..... If anyone is on top of this issue and confident, and can PM me....I would be happy to make a donation....

6. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Hey no need for donations here, we are here to help each other.

Have you tried complete removal of kontakt and reinstall as per the instructions provided in the link above?