Kontakt 5.6.6 can´t add new library

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MEMAMU, Mar 21, 2017.

1. MEMAMU

MEMAMU Newbie

Hi,

i´m working with 5.6.6 and added some library a few weeks ago.
    Some with the nicnt which are included, some with custom made ones. So far so good.
    But now everytime i try to add a library kontakt says " no library found" no matter if i use a custom nicnt or a included one.

For example "Ukulele Trio - Realivox the ladies - Realitone Fingerpicking"

3. Euphonic

Euphonic Member

If you are using WIndows 10 you should load right click and load Kontakt Standalone version in "Run as administrator mode". That should help. I had problems before and this helped. The other issue is it may not write the file to C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Native Instruments\Service Center. So even after you add the library, the sc3.tmp file that is created on your desktop should be copied to the aforementioned directory and renamed to the library name and the extension should be changed from tmp to xml. All my problems have disappeared

4. AlExIs73

AlExIs73 Newbie

Hi, thank you Euphonic :) but I don't understand the second part of your comment...
    When I right click on Kontakt on my Desktop and "Run as administrator mode", it works. I can add my alicias keys library and fingerpick but when I open Kontakt in Fl studio It doesn't work.
    In fact, I have the "sc3.tmp" file on my desktop. I just have to copy it in C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Native Instruments ?

Excuse me for my English, I'm French ... :/

Thank you in advance, I promise you, you will save my life If I can use my instruments thanks to you :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah has worked for me in the past & even stated as an official workaround etc
    SC3.tmp been explained as many things ranging from a bug in kontakt that occurs mainly prevalent on certain mac OSX thru to more likely a temporary SC as in service centre entry that created as temporary due to a bug when library registered thru tab.
    Been around for many years now and some DEV's even included this method itself as a FIX or workaround due to the bug itself.
    SC3 created is normally hidden by default I think :yes: etc.
    Just rename to library and make sure to change file extension to xml. Add it to service centre folder etc & lol library in place & stable :mates:Think it most likely service centre reg info etc that created and been known about for quite a while now.
    If it is such, NI don't seem to have done much about it but mainly prevalent on certain stated OS :yes:

6. MEMAMU

MEMAMU Newbie

now i can add libraries but the problem is that everytime i close and reopen kontakt, all the new added libraries are gone and i have to add them new ?!?! Even if i copy and rename the sc3.tmp!
    Also all settings like Midi I/O are to default agian on every startup.
    Im on Win7

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017