Kontakt 5.6.5/5.6.6 CPU overload

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by monk_mingus, Mar 26, 2017.

1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I agree for the most part as well. With the difference that recreating the problem under a different Os like win7 can clarify it is not an OS tweak that needs to be done or (specific to the OS) driver behavior.

2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

That's so true. For all OSes.
    - I've never been really satisfied with MAC OS, when I owned a Mac. It has been easy to set up, but with every update, things got worse.
    - Unix/Xenix/Linux have been stable and rocksolid but a pain in the ass to set upand manage (e.g. link the kernel with new HW!?)
    - And Windows - without words.
    Without a lot of knowledge or some friends helping plus a bottle of holy water :) you'll get mad in the long run with each of them. But what's the alternative? :dunno:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

If it was 25 years ago i could argue dedicated hardware is the alternative, but seeing the way hardware quality has deteriorated, while its usability hasn't evolved much since the original midi days 30+ yrs ago, there's few things that can still do the job without the need for a computer. My 2 cents go to the all new standalone Akai MPC X.

4. monk_mingus

monk_mingus Member

Thanks to all of you guys for trying to help. I have now a lot of info on how to set bios/OS/Cubase etc. to get a better performance for audio. I have to apply all of this slowly...step by step to see if things get better. If not I should re-instal everything step by step and pray any God... I even thought about instaling my OS in an ssd instead of the M2 drive. And maybe switch form W10 to W7, or even better, switch from audio industry to something else!

Thanks!

5. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

Good luck...

I have summarized this thread into one line for your problem:

File → Options → Engine → CPU overload protection (by killing voices) *
    change this to "strict"